Chapter 22

**VIOLENT CONTENT**

I hadn't expected to see Kathy again. No less in the main house.

Kathy's eyes widen when I walked towards her. Clara automatically passed me her suit jacket and I send her off to take some decent clothes for Kathy.

Wrapping Kathy up with Clara's jacket, I sat on the bed beside her. Kathy turned around with her back facing me. "Why are you here?" I speak first.

It took her a moment to reply me. "I own Ben some money. It was due and I have nothing to pay him back. I have offered myself to pay off the interest that was accumulating. I just didn't expect him to get his friend to join in." She replied.

"What happened to you?" I asked again. I had no idea what had happened to her after she had left the house we have grown up together.

When she turned around to look at me, I saw sadness in her eyes. Dark circles adorned her big eyes. She was not the same girl I have known many years ago. "I was sold to Steve. He was fifty years old and he was not a good man. I was his sex slave and he would abuse me every single day. He would force me to have sex with other men. I would need to handle several different men each day. These men would then pay him for my services.

Soon, I found out that I was pregnant and I thought no one would pay him for my services anymore. But I was wrong, he engaged me in porn industry. He would film me while men were having sex with me. Apparently not many pregnant porn stars were in this industry and he had made used of me while I was carrying a baby in me. He had earned quite a lot of money because of me.

My worst nightmare happened when the day I was about to give birth. Steve was a pervert, he knew I was in labour and yet, he still engages me in sexual activities with the men. I was having sex until I couldn't take it any longer and was screaming in pain, he then tied me up and gagged my mouth with a cloth. He had sexually assaulted me using a baseball bat. He didn't want me to give birth to the baby. He had purposely tortured me. All these while he kept filming me.

He didn't release me even after I had fainted from the pain. I nearly died because my baby couldn't get out of my body. The baby didn't survive and because of this, I couldn't get pregnant again in the future."

She was sobbing so hard and I was speechless. I didn't know how she had endured all these years by herself. She was tortured and had suffered. I was living comfortably when I was pregnant with Gerald and Ashton. Although I didn't have a great relationship with Nathan at that point of time, he didn't treat me like how Kathy was treated. I had always thought I had suffered throughout the years. It was nothing compared to what Kathy had experienced.

This Steve was a monster. I was getting so angry. How can a person do this to another human being. "Where is Steve now?" I wanted to know his whereabout. I wanted to stop this mad man from doing such monstrous thing to Kathy again.

"He's dead." Kathy wipes away the tears from her face.

"He had engaged me in sexual activities once I had recovered from all the bleeding. Once, there's a man who had refused to pay him after he had sex with me. They had argued and fought. That man was twice the size of Steve. Of course, he couldn't have won. He had suffered a brain damage and couldn't be saved."

I didn't know why, but I was happy for her. Glad that the monster would not be able to let her suffer any more.

She should be free, should be able to get away. But why? Why is she still doing these sexual activities? Why was she in debt? What happened after that?

Sensing that I still have tons of questions for her, Kathy spoke again. "I thought I was free from everything, but the fact is, I wasn't. I had no identity; I had no money. I didn't know how can I survive in the outside world. During the times I am with Steve, he had forced me to take drugs. He wanted to control me, so that I couldn't run away. I was addicted. I need my drugs every day in order to function properly. The only thing I know was to offer my body in return for money and drugs."

I felt bad for her. Finally, I understood why she was so angry with me when we saw each other at the party. I was with the big boss, every one bowed and greeted me. I had a bodyguard to protect me. I was wearing expensive dress and jewelleries while Kathy was a nobody. No one cares about her. Men were interested in her just for the sex.

I wanted to do something for her.

I had asked Clara to arrange Kathy to stay at the female quarter at the main house compound. I told her I will talk to Nathan myself about this arrangement.

That night when Nathan calls me, I told him about my encounter with Kathy.

"Actually, I had my man keeping a lookout on Kathy after the party. I had asked Clara what had happened during your bathroom trip at the party." I didn't know that Nathan cares enough to know why I was upset. It put a smile on my face.

"Thank you." I told Nathan.

"I will instruct Clara on Kathy's living arrangement for the time being. As for the money, I will ask Quinton to talk to Ben. We will discuss more after I am back." I am glad that Nathan hadn't objected my decision to let Kathy stays in the compound. It makes me really happy.

We chatted a little more and I went to bed that night with a big smile on my face.

Every day, I would go to the female quarter to look for Kathy. I didn't invite Kathy to the level I am staying although she did ask once. Nathan has been very generous towards this whole thing and I shouldn't be taking advantage of that. Plus, I didn't know if Nathan would be comfortable having another person entering his personal space. There must be a reason why only a few specific personal could enter Nathan's level.

I would have my meals with Kathy and we would talk for hours. Telling each other what had happened during the times we weren't together. There are some things I had withhold on letting Kathy know. Nathan has specifically asked me not to reveal to any one and that includes Kathy. Things like his organisation, his business, his family members and our children.

I didn't question Nathan on this. He must have his reason in doing so.

I trusted him.

One week later, Nathan is finally back. I have missed him so much that the first thing I did was to give him a tight hug when he had appeared by the bedroom door. I have caught him by surprise as he just stood there motionless. It was when I connected our lips together that he hugs me close to him. It then escalated quickly and we had spent a passionate night on the bed.

"There's a party tonight and you will need to come with me." Nathan speaks while dressing himself up in the walk-in wardrobe. We just had a shower together and I on the other hand was wrapped in a towel. This morning, I was woken up by Nathan hovering over me. I was screaming his name and holding him tight against me when we had come together.

"Oh. Okay."

By evening, my make-up was done and I was dressed in a beautiful mermaid style yellow long dress. It has a sweetheart neckline which was adorned with diamante. I was sitting on the bed wearing my heels when Nathan walks in. He looks devilish handsome in his tux. He walked toward the bed and kneels down before me, helping me with the straps of my heels. He then took out a small red velvet box from his pocket and my eyes widen the moment he had opened the box and a huge diamond ring sits in it.

He took my left hand in one hand and using another hand, he holds the diamond ring. He slips the ring onto my ring finger. It fits perfectly. "Ready, Mrs. Clerc?" He looks up to me and smiles.

"Yes, Mr. Clerc."

PLEASE LIKE, VOTE & SHARE. THANK YOU!