Chapter 15

I am sitting on the couch, looking out to the view outside the windows. Clear blue skies and birds were chirping. They looked so carefree and free from any worries. How I wished I could be like them.

It has been three months since I was attacked at the lake house. I had a head concussion and a fractured leg. When I had woken up, I was in a different room. I was not at the lake house anymore. Nathan has brought me back to his main house. The house where he has been living since young.

Nathan had told me that my assailant has been captured by him. That man was there to kill Nathan that day. I was there at the wrong time. His men had him locked up and they were torturing him to find out who was the mastermind behind this attack.

Nathan says that the lake house was not safe anymore and he had decided to go back to his main house. He has major leads towards who had killed his father and it will be better that he is back to coordinate. He doesn't want to be the prey; he doesn't want to hide anymore. He wants to be the person who attack his enemy first.

Touching my tummy, I had missed my baby. Our baby.

I had suffered a miscarriage after falling from the stairs. I was told that the doctors couldn't save the baby and I would be in danger if they didn't remove the fetus from me in time. The baby was already gone when I have woken up. Hearing this piece of news after waking up isn't the best piece of information I had wanted to hear. Why couldn't I save the baby? Why did the baby want to leave me? Am I not good enough?

Since then, I had isolated myself in the room I had been staying since I have woken up. I couldn't face anyone at this moment. I didn't want to see anybody.

The room I have been staying belongs to Nathan. I knew it because all of his stuffs were in here. His clothes, his personal daily necessities, etc. Every morning, he would come in the room to wash himself up and retrieve his things. Before leaving the room, he would check on me. He will make sure that I had my meals.

I didn't know why he is keeping me here in this house. I wondered why he didn't send me back to the original house I was in when he first bought me.

We did not have any conversation about the baby ever since and I do not know what to feel. Why didn't he tell me anything other than I had lost our baby? Did he not have any feeling towards our baby? Did he not want to remember our baby?

I do not know how he was feeling.

Is he upset like how I was feeling? Is he sad too?

I was still in my thoughts when Nathan had entered the room. He looks tired, like he hadn't had a good night sleep for days. He glanced at me before entering the bathroom.

I had wanted to speak to him, but I couldn't find any courage to do so. From that day he had told me he wanted me at the jetty, I wanted to ask him what does he mean by that.

Since the baby had been taken away from me, I had realised that life is too short for us to have any regrets. I do not want to have any regrets while I still have the ability to live and to love.

Before I passed away one day, I would want to know the truth on exactly who am I to Nathan.

It has been three months and I do not want to waste any minute more. I wanted to tell him how I feel and I could only hope that he feels the same way too.

I started to pace around the room. Nathan's bedroom was huge. Bigger than any of the bedroom I have been.