Chapter 47

"Come here, you've been keeping me warm."

Alma set back down on Julia's lap, the younger woman hugging her close by the waist. A small shiver ran through her and Alma leaned a bit closer against her, Julia smelling the sweet vanilla that lingered in her hair.

"We have an hour and 12 minutes until I have to go start dinner." Alma says and Julia just hummed, her eyes shut. The ymbryne glanced at her. Her chin was resting on the woman's shoulder and her eye was shut, seeming relaxed as she let out a sigh, her hot breath hitting the side of the woman's neck.

Alma wasn't much for the physical attention, especially during the day, but since they were upstairs and away from the children, she let it slide.

She placed a gentle kiss on her forehead, the younger woman moving closer against her. Alma let a small gasp slip when she pushed them both down on the bed, her arm resting around the older woman's waist.

"You better not be thinking I'm staying here the rest of the day." Alma playfully scolds, shooting her a glare and Julia just smirked, pressing a gentle kiss on the back of her neck.

Her hand carefully rested against the older woman's thigh, pulling her in close as she placed soft kisses up the side of her neck and behind her ear.

"You're awfully affectionate when you're sick." Alma points out, leaning into her touch, her cheeks burning slightly.

"I'm not that sick anymore."

"You still feel just a bit warm."

"I think that might be just you, Alma."

"Why's that?" She says, her cheeks burning and Julia smiles.

"I think you know why." Julia replies, placing a gentle kiss on the back of her neck, Alma tensing slightly when she felt her suck on her skin for a second.

"Do not mark me at all." She scolds, sitting up and sending the woman a sharp glare.

"Alright, alright." Julia sighs, sitting up and moving between the woman's legs, Alma blushing more when the woman laid her head down on her chest. Despite the older woman being annoyed, she felt it soon leave as she pulled her closer against her, placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

"I love you." Julia says softly, looking out the window, her arms resting around the woman's waist. The sweet vanilla surrounded her from the woman's jacket, leaning further against her.

"I love you too darling." Alma replies, her voice gentle and warm and Julia shivered from the feel of her talons in her hair. Her heart fluttered and Alma seen the soft red grow in the woman's palms and gently brought her hand in hers.

The younger woman shut her eye, her tension leaving as she felt the woman's chest rise and fall slightly.

"Don't fall asleep dear." Alma says lightly, not wanting to have to wake her later when she has to get up. Julia opened her eye and glanced back towards the window and then up at the woman. She blushed when Alma peppered a few small kisses on her face, not used to the sudden affection. Julia caught the woman's lips and brought her into a kiss, Alma returning it, her hands moving to rest against the woman's collarbone.

The younger woman sat up to get closer to the ymbryne, deepening the kiss when she then pulled away, Alma blushing as she kissed up her jawline. The younger woman felt her talons dig slightly into the fabric of her pants, smirking slightly as she sucked a small mark underneath where her jacket was covering.

"Jules, I said no marks." Alma scolds, but her voice was quiet and airy, the younger woman pleased when she seen the red in her usually pale cheeks.

"It's covered by your jacket, don't worry." She says, placing another kiss on the corner of her mouth.