The First Actual Date

Weekends are nice. Especially when you can actually do something with them and not sit around. Rest is nice but making connections and relationships with people is even better. While they hung out. Those were platonic. No matter what Cream and Marine said to Blaze about it being a romantic date. She would not buy that. Blaze would descend into madness if she admitted to that. So she won't. She absolutely will never admit to that being a date, because it wasn't. End of story. No need to bring it up again.

Actually going on a date was in question and asked when Amy and Blaze first started. So they decided to go on one. A simple one. No problems, only a simple, plain, date. Nothing else. That was all and that was it. They planned it out and that was that. No holding back now. So both of them counted down the short amount of days by themselves and together. Waiting for the day until it came on a Saturday. A simple Saturday. Where nothing should go wrong.

While it was a lot colder now. Mid January is like that. They found a nice indoor heated building for their date. A small restaurant near where Amy lived that she picked out for their date. Blaze walked there and picked her up. Then they walked for a bit before coming to a building. Not the highest class place but enough to where there were people there. It was a medium sized place, not a major multi-country restaurant but a smaller mom and pop owned restaurant, kinda. Doesn't matter, it is nice. It's comfy. It works. It takes them a minute to be seated. But eventually they are and they sit down.

They order their drinks and talk. Holding hands under the table. Not too loud. Soft music in the background with not a lot of chatter. It's nice. They get their drinks and order their food. That'll take a lot more time but the two don't mind. Taking in the ambiance of the restaurant. All that it does and all that it can do for the two. It's nice and quiet with nothing to bother them with. The pair sit there waiting for the food to come. Talking with each other not only to pass the time but because they enjoy doing it.

"This is great, where did you hear about this place?" Blaze asks.

"I came into town a lot when I was board, saw this and thought it might be a good spot, guess I was right" Amy answers

"Well, congrats. This is nice, we should come here again."

"Are you asking me on another date?"

"...Am I not supposed to?"

"No!" Amy says and laughs

"I would absolutely love to!" Amy says and looks at Blaze. Then goes forward and kisses her on the lips. Then goes back to her side of the table. Looking at Blaze glassy eyed.

"Wow."

"Sorry"

"No... that was great."

Amy smiles and laughs and Blaze returns the favor and laughs as well. They keep laughing at each other. Before going back to talking. Waiting for their food. After a while it eventually comes. They eat. Nothing special. Good food though. Blaze and Amy both like it and share it with each other. It doesn't take either of them long to eat all the food. So they finish quickly and they split the bill each paying for half of it and the tip. They put on their coats and go back outside. Walking around town looking at everything for a bit. Looking at stores and other vendors around town. Eventually they arrive at the park where they confessed. They go inside the park to look around.

"This place is nice." Blaze says.

"Yeah I love coming here" Amy says nostalgically at the place, looking around at all the trees and structures

They end up sitting on a bench. The park is mostly empty this time of year. Only the occasional other person running or walking around. But they manage to stay in for a bit. Sitting around with the serene beauty and sounds coming around them. They sit for a while. Blaze falls asleep on Amy's shoulder. Which the other girl blushes at. Eventually it becomes a bit colder and Amy thinks it's a good time to leave. She tries to gently wake up Blaze. That only makes the other more clingy to her. While Amy finds that cute, Blaze still needs to wake up. So Amy, with a bit of hesitation, shakes Blaze awake. Which actually wakes the other girl. They leave the park. A tired Blaze and a flustered Amy.

Blaze does wake up after a bit. They look around a bit more. Then they head back to Amy's house. Blaze drops her off and says goodbye. But not before returning Amy's kiss from the restaurant in Amy's driveway. Blaze is happy and Amy, while she saw it coming, is still flabbergasted at the kiss. Blaze nervous stands across from her.

"Wow" Amy says exasperated

"Yeah." Blaze shyly says back. Touching the back of her head.

"Was that an invitation for another date?"

"Yes."

"Well, see you soon"

"We'll see each other at school."

"Well yeah, we can plan then!"

"Alright, deal... See you later."

"Yup, goodbye."

Blaze and Amy stand in silence for a few seconds. Looking at each other. Blaze gets her nerves up to say something. Sure it's something they have both said but still... she wants to say it again but she doesn't know...

"I love you." Blaze simply states.

"I love you too" Amy says and smiles at Blaze, who smiles back at her.

With that finished and stated, Blaze leaves. Walking away back to her house. Amy also goes back to her house, taking a bit less time. Once they're inside, they have similar conversations with their families about the date.

"How did it go?"

"It was terrific! The best date I ever could've had in my life!"