3 | changed perception

"Girl, I'm so glad we did this." Hana says to me, as we both look out our picnic set out under a tree on the courtyard field.

Even though it's September, the lingering heat from the summer made it a nice hot day for us to relax outside for lunch, so Hana and I were not missing out on this opportunity to have a cute picnic before autumn hits us.

We sit down on the picnic blanket, and begin eating our sandwiches and fruit, as well as drinking our fresh orange and apple juice.

"So, Hana." I say, taking a bite of a strawberry. "What's up with you and Jake?"

Her eyes widen in shock and I begin to giggle.

"You're so upfront sometimes Nari, I can't deal." She laughs. "What do you even mean by that?"

"Don't even try and hide it from me Hana, I see the way you've been getting shy whenever he's around." I wiggle my brows and she gasps.

"What!? No way."

"Yes, way." I reply and she rolls her eyes.

"He's sweet and everything but..."

"But?"

"I don't like him if that's what you're implying Nari."

"Hmm." I say, raising my brows and her face goes red.

"Stoppp!" She groans and we both end up in a fit of laughter.

"I ship it, nevertheless. I'll set you guys up."

"Nope. There's no need. Plus... he hangs out with the wrong crowd." Hana mentions and as I think about it, I totally agree.

His friendship group consists of Niki, who isn't the best of people to be friends with. As well as him however, I'm pretty sure he hangs out with Jungwon - who's super nice so that isn't too bad. Aswell as the other boys such as: Jay and Sunghoon - both Slytherins, Sunoo - Hufflepuff and Heeseung - Gryffindor.

What can be said however is that they're not as bad as the Slytherin boys, who get up to much worse than them. Although, you'd think that Niki would also hang out with Mattheo Riddle and co, but that has never been the case.

The two groups of boys have always kept their distance. The both of them are the high profile students of our year, and have had much tension between them but nothing ever drastic has happened. Yes there's a little rivalry, but nothing out of the ordinary.

"Yeah, like Niki for instance." I mutter and Hana sighs.

"It's such a shame that he's practically in every single one of your classes."

"I know right!? How is that even fair? It's just my luck." I groan in annoyance, think about how for the past three days since we've started school, every time I've entered a classroom, I've come to the realisation that none other than Nishimura Riki is in my class.

Every single time.

Who made this timetable!?

"I still hate him for what he did to you in first year." Hana mentions.

"It was a while ago and we were only kids." I tell her. "But yeah, even after that I've never really had a liking towards him."

"Liking towards who?" A voice asks and our heads snap towards three boys approaching our picnic, to our surprise, seeing that it's Mattheo Riddle, Draco Malfoy and Theodore Nott.

Brilliant.

I ignore his question and take another strawberry and eat it, and Hana looks at me nervously, signalling with her eyes as if to say, "Why are they here?"