34 | shameless

Drinking the amortentia potion I perfectly made myself was never the plan, but now it has become a priority to ensure that I get the perfect grade for this assessment.

I pace back and forth in my bedroom, growing more and more anxious as I wait for Niki to arrive, until I hear a knock at the door. I rush up to it and swing it open.

I find Niki stood there with a smirk on his face, waving the amortentia vial mischievously and I slowly take steps back as he follows me into my room. I regret my choices and stumble further back until I drop onto the bed.

Niki shuts the door behind him and chuckles to see me so scared. He approaches me and leans down to meet me eye level.

"I promise, it won't be that bad." He tries to comfort me. "You'll behave in the same way as you usually do since you already like me."

I cover my face in embarrassment but I kind of get where he's coming from.

"You think?"

"Positive." He nods and unscrews the vial and hands it to me, and I look down at the pink potion unsure. "If it smells like me to you, it must taste delicious."

I take a deep breath and down the vial, swallowing the very last bit and then screwing the bottle shut. I sit there for a moment in silence as Niki just watches me worriedly.

"Did it work?" He asks and I shake my head.

"I don't think so." I shrug and I sit back in my bed, resting my head against the pillow.

Niki joins me, taking his shoes off and sitting down beside me in my bed.

***

Niki's POV

We wait for five minutes to pass, and I sit there wondering what she might be like when the potion finally enters her system completely

I did lie to her to be honest. I asked the professor later on in the day after our potions lesson whether it'll still have an effect on her even if she likes me already.

He laughed at my question and nodded, telling me that extreme effects can be seen and enhanced depending on how much they're already attracted to the person giving it to them.

"Babyyy." I hear a voice say from beside me and I slowly turn my head, wide eyed as I see Nari rolling over to be even closer to me, moving her head to rest directly on my lap.

I lift my hands up and bite my lip, trying to hold in my laughter.

Oh my god, I'm never going to let go of this.

"Nari, are you okay?" I ask her and she looks up at me, and when her big eyes see my face, a bright grin forms on her face.

She suddenly sits up, and straddles my lap, taking me by surprise. I lift my hands up away from her in surrender, not wanting to take advantage of her when she's not in the right state of mind.