36 | my bestfriend

I sluggishly walk back to the Ravenclaw Tower, dragging my feet along the empty corridors, grateful that everybody is in lesson so they can't see me in this absolute horrific state.

"Nari...? Are you alright?"

I spoke too soon.

"I'm okay." I cover my face from the Slytherin boy - Theodore Nott - walking past me in the corridor.

He approaches me, looking down at me worriedly.

"You're crying."

"Please don't tell anyone." I say to him and before he can reply, I quickly walk away from him and make it back to my dorm as quickly as possible, slamming the door shut.

I switch off all the lights, close the curtains completely and throw the duvet over me. I hide in my bed, not planning to come out for the rest of the day.

Thank god I have no lessons after this.

***

Niki's POV

"Jake, you literally promised you'd play the game with me tonight

"Jake, you literally promised you'd play the game with me tonight." I complain as I throw a tennis ball to Heeseung, playing catch across the Slytherin common room.

"But I'm too tired." He groans. "Plus Hana wants to see me today."

I roll my eyes. "You see her more than I see Nari. Obsessed much?"

"You could say that." He raises his brows.

I hear my phone vibrate and stop the game with Heeseung, who complains and begins to play with Jungwon. I turn away and excitedly check my phone, hoping it's her. My smile fades as I realise it's only a YouTube notification.

Nari🦋💘

heyy
do u want to get smth to eat w me?
delivered 4:32pm

nariii r u alive?
delivered 7:21pm

☹️💔
delivered 8:45pm

I let out a sigh, realising she still hasn't responded to me.

"Yo Niki." I hear a familiar voice say and I look up to find confusingly Mattheo Riddle and Theodore Nott approaching me.

"Fuck's sake." I mutter under my breath, and put a fake sarcastic smile on as they stop to speak to me. "What's up?"

"It's about Nari." Riddle says, and my brows furrow in confusion.

"What about her?" I say, my tone changing.

"I saw her crying earlier today during last period. She was walking alone in the corridor." Nott states.

"Wait what?" I ask, becoming angrier by the second and more confused.

"Yeah, he saw her and told me." Riddle continues. "We think it's something got to do with this photo."