26 | chasing her

Niki's POV

I've never really been much of a chaser, nothing has ever spiked my interest enough to do so

I've never really been much of a chaser, nothing has ever spiked my interest enough to do so. Well, that was until I met the Ravenclaw witch, who I seemingly just couldn't get away from.

A variation of circumstances made us cross paths more often than I would've expected, but I'd never complain. It's been nice.

The first time I remember seeing Nari was back in first year, when we were both taking the Hogwarts Express to travel to the castle for our first day.

She was sat alone in her own compartment, her feet up on the seats and her head in a book. I was situated in the compartment opposite hers, and I couldn't help but watch her facial expressions change every time she'd flick a page.

There was even a moment where I swear I saw a tear or two being shed, rolling down her cheek - now that one shocked me. Intrigued me really.

She's always been an interesting girl, whom I never had the opportunity to speak to properly up until the beginning of this year... I guess that was mainly due to her undying hatred towards me, after I slimed her at the celebration assembly back in first year. She probably thought I forgot about it, but I very much do remember.

She's never spoken to me at all in all our years of Hogwarts because of this. I could always tell she really didn't like me by the way her face tensed up whenever she'd walk past me, or by way she'd pace even faster just to distance herself from me whenever I was near.

Now though, I wouldn't dare try and pull a prank on her, not because she told me not to, but just in fear that she'd get upset... or find me annoying.

I don't know why I've started to care this much recently, but it's definitely something I've thought deep about.

Nari Akiyama.

"Snap out of your day dream Niki. We've got a party to attend to." Jay snaps his fingers in front of my face and I break out of my trance, looking at myself in the mirror.

I run my hand through my hair, and undo the top two buttons of my black shirt, buckle my watch onto my wrist and then spray the JPG perfume, that Jay let me borrow, across my body.

I'm finally ready.

We leave the dorm and enter the common room, where I can already hear the loud music blaring in our ears, as green lights flash and the snacks and drink tables continue to be set up.

"Right. I need people stood by the doors for when they come in. Any drugs or alcohol brought in, send them out." I explain to Jay and Sunghoon who look at me confused.

"Wait why?" Jay asks.

"Just because. I have a reason, not to worry." I say to them and they glance at each other before looking at me with a smirk.

"Sure boss." Sunghoon nods, and I roll my eyes before letting the others know.

Promises have to be kept.

***

People start flooding into the common room in about twenty minutes and with no surprise, they're all obedient towards myself and the boys, who prevent them from bringing any substances that shouldn't have been in the castle away.

As more and more people come in, my eyes are only on the look out for one girl, who I'm supposed to have 'broken up' with. To talk to her tonight would stir up some gossip again, but can I resist?

We've just finished our exams and for the first time in all my life, I can finally say that my exam went 'quite good' after leaving the hall. That's all because of her.

Suddenly, my eyes catch sight of Nari walking into the common room, her hair and makeup all done up, and a pretty pink mini dress on her body, that barely covers her thighs.

Oh fuck me.

She looks around at the scene of the party in front of her and a smile forms on her face when she realises that I've kept my promise.

I don't know why, but just seeing her happy like that makes me feel, what? Excited? I don't even know.

She looks around as if she's searching for someone, and as I make my way closer to her, her eyes lock onto mine. I scan her body, not being able to stop myself from taking my eyes off of her.

I notice now that I've gotten closer that she's wearing heels to match her outfit, making her slightly tall but still nowhere near enough to catch up to my height.

For a moment, she looks as if she's about to come up to me and speak, but then she pauses and looks at the people around her, beginning to grow conscious.

Without a second to waste, I take her by the hand, and pull her further into the party, right into the centre of the dance floor.

"You've outdone yourself here Nishimura." She smiles, talking loudly over the music as I hold both her hands.

She looks down at them flustered but I can't help myself.

She looks so good tonight.

"I'm a man of my word." I reply and she begins to look around again anxiously, letting go of my hands, folding her arms.

She suddenly takes a step closer to me and stands on her tip toes to whisper into my ear, "I don't think we should be seen together."

Her sweet voice in my ear gives me some sort of thrill which I don't know how to explain.

I stand up straight and look around for a moment, before spotting the boys and Hana, and taking Nari to them with me. If we're all stood together, it shouldn't be so much of an issue.

"Nari! You're here!" Sunoo exclaims, giving her a big hug which I roll my eyes to.

We all begin to dance to the music, and my full focus is on her.

At this point, everyone jumps up and down, screaming their hearts out to the lyrics, but with Nari stood in front of me, her back keeps colliding into my body.

My hands can't help but hold onto her waist to steady her in case she falls, and simply because I want to dance with her like this.

She turns around and looks up at me with those big eyes of hers, and a grin forms on her face as we continue to sway to the music.

Multiple songs pass by with the boys and myself continuously screaming the songs and jumping up and down, before I notice Nari looking a bit tired.

My perfect chance.

I take her by the hand and lean down to whisper into her ear, "Want to go somewhere else for a bit?"

She nods with a smile and I take her with me out of the common room, my heart racing with each step we take, and the closer we become to the Astronomy Tower.

God, I better not fuck this up.