Reality. (15)

Time slowed down. Or did it? Everything slowed.

Sans looked at the machine. He could see bits of metal splitting away from the machine, flying out in all directions.

Except they froze in the air instead. Sans could almost see air particles shifting. It was fascinating.

He looked at the spear. He could feel something. Like vibrations in the air. Like...sound particles trying to signify the impact of the spear in the macbine. How interesting.

The situation was like nothing Sans had ever been through.

It was calming.

Sans loved calm. It could be considered one of his favourite things. To be calm. Alone. Allowed to do whatever. In this state, he felt alone. He knew right behind him were countless people, confused. Maybe they were in the same state as him? Sans didn't bother turning his head to look behind him, after all, it would take ages.

He instead just thought about everything and anything. His life, his brother and his surroundings. He wanted to use this time well. Could it be considered time?

Sans enjoyed life, he decided. He enjoyed being a sentry, pretending to do his job even though he knew a human would never fall into the underground for a while. The Ruins door was pretty cool, aswell. And the lady behind it.

And then, after a long day of not working, he could go home to Papyrus and his antics. His life was easy, enjoyable and he was lucky. To have a simple life and a wonderful brother. He was finally in a good place after a complex past.

And he was ready to start working on that machine he had been studying for so long.

The machine...?

Wait.

Aren't I on the surface now? Haven't I already started the machine?

Sans opened his eyes and looked around without moving his skull.

When did I close my eyes?

Suddenly, that peaceful calm wasn't so peaceful.

Sans saw the machine glowing an ominous red, but the colour wasn't familiar in the slightest. Sans tried to run towards it, but time still felt like it was at a standstill. He tried to turn around, to try and understand the situation further but he couldn't. He was helpless, powerless.

Power...

He concentrated on his magic. He found that his magic didn't seem to be affected by the slow of time. Right when he activated his blue magic, the machine created a streak of black that hovered over it. It opened itself up, like a zip being opened in the air. Sans knew what that was. The VOID.

Sentient. It was trying to leave.

Something was trying to leave the VOID.

Or maybe the VOID itself was taking the chance to expand.

Sans acted. He used his blue magic and, despite the lack of logic in the action, attempted to close the VOID opening. He didn't move his hand, it wasn't necessary to use the magic.

He thought he saw some sort of red in the corner of his eye, but he ignored it. There's better things to focus on.

Despite black flowing slowly, in small quantities, out of the hole, he kept on pressing with his magic. The red hue only grew. In response to this, the familiar red besides Sans grew. He pretended like he didn't notice. Sans thought he might have heard screaming, or some sort of sound escaping from the hole.

He payed no attention to it, it was ruining his peace he was trying to preserve.

He wanted to close his eyes, to sleep. But he couldn't. It would take too long.