Chapter 19

Brook

I wake up with Jack wrapped up in my arms and my phone going nuts on the night stand. I try to get off the bed without disturbing Jack then quickly grab my phone from the nightstand and run to the bathroom so I wouldn't bother anyone sleeping.

"Hello?" I ask sitting on the bathtub.

"Why didn't Jack call me back?!" It was Blondie.

"Wait what do you mean?"

"He was supposed to call me back after he saved you from that-"

"Wait you knew?" I interrupt her.

"Yeah, the whole running into the bathroom acting like that girl wasn't there routine doesn't work on me. I scoped that place out until I saw a familiar face. When I did see him I called Jack because I knew he was going to surprise you, he was going to call me back!" She explains.

"Did you not trust me? You know I can handle myself!" I yell and hang up.

Well now I am too angry to even try and sleep. "I wonder how long it has been since the boys have had a non fast food meal." I think out loud. I go into the kitchen and look for things that I would need to make breakfast. I close the cupboard it makes a really loud slamming noise, then I see rustling sheets in the living room. Crap, hope I didn't wake Alex he was up really late. I go into the fridge to see if I need milk when I here feet on the tile, I look up and see bed head Alex.

"Sorry I was being too loud." I apologize.

"No it's okay. What are you doing?" He asks while I write a note explaining not to eat until I get back.

"Oh I'm going to the store so I can make you guys food. You want to come?" I grab my wallet and my keys.

"Sure, can we get coffee?" He asks pouty.

"Yeah, trust me I need it." I say while pushing the garage door opener and locking the door behind us. We get to the bottom of the steps and I start walking to the garage while Alex starts walking to another open garage door.

"Alex where you going?" I ask laugh because I know he is probably thinking 'oh she doesn't own that car, she must have the prius.'

"What?" He turns around and sees me with the door to the car open. "This is your car!?" He holds out both of his hands.

"Yeah." I roll my eyes. "Did you see me as a prius type of girl?!" I ask as he sits in the passenger seat.

"No I just didn't know you knew how to drive stick!" He says while touching the dashboard.

"Yeah this is how I get my men, I just pull up in my Trans Am and they flock right up to it." I say sarcastically.

"Did you drive this to school?"

"Hell no. I had enemies, imagine what they would do to my baby?! I either got a ride from a friend or I got on the bus." I tell him while we are on the highway. We listen to music until we we get close to the coffee shop and I turn it down.

"Hey you want to text Jessica and tell her that we will be at the shop in a few?" I ask when we are about 5 minutes away.

"Is it a coffee shop?" He texts her on my phone.

"Yeah I told her I was going grocery shopping and she needed to go too. Plus you get the coffee you wanted." We are there in a few minutes and she comes out with the coffee and gets in the back seat.

"Sorry chikky my roommate kicked me out." She explains why she wanted to come with us.

"What did you do this time?" I question wondering if she will have to stay with me for a while.