Chapter 4

Jack 

We have an interview this morning. The interviewer made a remark about how I was acting, I just couldn't act normal today I was still worried, I just said I was hungover or something that the fans would beleive. 

I got so many tweets about the interview and how sad I looked. I ignored them and went to my laptop to chat with Brook. I was super excited but then I remembered what I had to tell her. First I asked about how she was feeling and what has been happening in school and every thing like that. She was fine she got an A on her history test. I was happy about that cause I helped her study last week for it. Then I had to tell her.

Jack: I have to tell you something. please please don't be mad I know you worked very hard to get them and it did mean a lot to me that you got them for me. But I lost one of the shoes you got me. I'm super sorry.

I entered it I felt so sick that she was going to be mad at me and never talk to me again. Then her response poped up

Brook: It's perefctly fine Jack it was a shoe, I can see how it would make you feel, I love that about you. Don't worry I would never just leave.

I felt so much better. We continued our conversation until I fell asleep.

____________________________________________

Brook 

I fell asleep talking to Jack, I loved how he could be so worried about my feelings someone he has never met before. 

The next morning I called the school with a sick voice saying I couldn't make it to school.

I made breakfast and sat around my house the whole day. when it was around six I called my friend Jessica and asked if she wanted to go out. First I had to hide the bruises on my face, ugh makeup, I hate wearing alot of makeup there is no point unless you are doing what I am, I usually just wear eyeliner and mascara.

I get in the car and drive to her house she gets in and ask what we should do, We just end up going to the mall walking and talking.

"You are so lucky you don't go to my school." I say

"Why? Are those girls picking on you again." She asks 

"Yeah but I still don't understand why, I have done nothing to them."

"I don't know why eather but I whould kick their asses because I can see they have done that to you already." She says sadly.

I look at my reflection in the window. Oh no the makeup rubbed off.

"Why didn't you call me when this happend?" She asked  with hurt in her voice.

"I'm fine, I didn't see a reason to call you, I can take care of them if I have to, after all I am 20."

"I know but you can't just let them do it to you!" She shouts.

People are giving us strange looks now. 

"Okay, I get it." I say.

I get it, It's my fault just like my cancer was. I drive her home and wish her a good night. When I get home I'm not tired so I call my friend Morgan.

"Hey, What are you doing tonight Blondie?"

"Hey Brookie, I'm going to a party on campus, want to come along?"

"Of course whats the address?"

After she gives me the address I get ready. I throw on a black v- neck and black and white skinny jeans, with my white toms and a new balck beanie that I got at the mall today. I grab my car keys and drive to the party. When I get there I hear squealing behind me, it's Morgan. 

" Ahhhhhh Brookie cookie, I have missed you so much." She shrieks. Yes I have one of those bubbly friends that is notorious for gossiping and has a new boyfriend every week. She can always find a way to cheer me up.

" Hey Blondie!!!" I try to sound excited. I just wanted to feel a little happy this week. " Hey can you help me with something before we go inside?" 

"Sure, What is it Tinker Bell?!" She says mischievously. My cheeks flush, that is one of my favourite nicknames, and she remembered it from freshman year.

"Well you want to do my makeup?" I asked embarrassed.

"Ummmm.... of course, how could I say no, get in my car." She couldn't see my face because it was covered by the shadow of a tree.

"Wait before you do it I just want to warn you that, those girls did it again." I say stepping out into the moon light. I had taken all of the makeup off before leaving the house so she could help make it look better.

"Oh, it's okay" she said "I'll do my best."

A little while later she was done.

"Morgan I said just foundation!?" 

"Well we are going to a party, you asked me to do your makeup so I was going to do it my way." She says in a matter of fact tone. " Plus you look hot, now you can get a man!"

"Oh and where is your man?" I say copying her tone.

"Which one?" She says with a laugh.

-----------------------------------------------------------

When we get in I ask for a beer, I don't plan on getting drunk but I feel like drinking my feelings away, and having a good time. But before the bottle even reaches my lips Blondie over there decides to take it from me. 

"What do you think you are doing?" She askes me with a bewildered look on her face.

"I should be asking you that question, I'm drinking a beer."

"No, you are not." She says strictly. "You know that you aren't suppost to drink."

"It won't turn out bad I promise, remember I have to drive home tonight, and I'll probably have to drive you back to." 

"Fine but only one, you aren't even 21 yet, Jessh!"

I wander of to the bathroom and drink the whole bottle, inbetween drinks I try to wipe off some of the makeup she put on my face. It waasn't very effective but I got some off. I leave the bathroom and move it to the dance floor. After an hour im sweaty tired.

 I find Morgan and drag her out of the house to my car. We drive through the now empty streets, I dig through her purse and find her house keys, I open the door with my hand that isn't holding the giggling drunk and walk her to her room being carefull not to wake her roommates. Before I leave I make a note and hang it on the refridgerator.

I get in the door of my house and hear my laptop going crazy. I open it too see a whole bunch of messages from Jack, oh no I forgot to tell him I was going out tonight!

One message stands out the most to me, it was the first he sent me that night. It was his number. The last message stood out more.

Jack: I'm sorry I gave you my number but I had to be with you more of the day than just at night.

[A/N is anyone reading this? leave a comment if you are. I know I'm not the best writer.]