Chapter 5, year 4

The next day at breakfast, Eleanor is telling Blaise, Theo, and Draco all about her dress. "It's so pretty! I just hope I'm able to wear it..."

"You will, trust me," Blaise says. "Also, did you know Weasley is going to the ball with Pavarti's sister Padma? The one in Ravenclaw?"

"No way!" Eleanor beams, "I'm happy she has a date, did Pavarti mention who Potter is going with?"

"She didn't but I heard he wanted to ask Cho Chang."

"Oh right," Ellie "I'm sure she'd say yes."

Blaise agrees as the group continues talking about the Ball that is a few days away. Draco finally asked Pansy officially, so late because he just assumed they were going together already." Even though she was upset with him for not asking, she was touched that he automatically thought they were going together. "I'm just excited to dance," Theo says. Eleanor feels a tap on her shoulder. From the looks of Blaise and Theo in front of her, she assumes it's Harry.

Turning around, "Yes, Potter?"

"I-er- can we talk- um- alone?" He stutters.

She nods and gets up, they walk outside. "What did you want to tell me? Did you figure out what the second task is?"

"No, I-uh- haven't..." Harry trails off.

"Oh, did you need me to help you?" She asks.

"I wanted to know if..." Harry takes a deep breath, "You wanted to go to the -um- Ball with- er- me?"

Ellie's eyebrows raise, "You're asking me to the Ball? What happened to Cho Chang?"

"She has a date already, but I figured it'd be much more fun with you, anyways." He says.

"Well, sure, Potter. I'll go with you." She smiles.

Harry's shoulders relax, "Brilliant, um- where did you want to meet?"

"I guess I could meet you at the entrance to the Great Hall?" Ellie offers. Harry agrees and turns to leave.

"Oh yeah, Potter!" Ellie calls out, "I almost forgot, I have your map." She hands the Marauder's Map back to him.

"When did you- nevermind. I'll see you, Eleanor."

She runs back to the Great Hall, "Potter asked me to the Ball." She whispers to her friends.

"That's great!" Blaise whispers back, "Wait why are we whispering?"

"I didn't want his fangirls to hear and hex me." She goes back to her normal tone. She can't help but smile.

"OOOOO you're blushing!" Pansy points at her face, "You're so excited to go with your crushhhh" She holds out the last word.

"No, I'm just relieved to have a date," Ellie defends herself. Her stupid cheeks blowing her cover.

"You better not actually like him," Draco says seriously. "He's my nemesis."

"Dear cousin, I think you forgot I have free will. You can't just tell me who I can or cannot like," Ellie rolls her eyes. "Even though I do not like Potter that way, at all. We're going as friends." She adds quickly.

"Mhm sureee" Theo laughs "In all seriousness, Ellie, we are happy for you."

It is officially the day of the Yule Ball, and Pansy, Eleanor, and Daphne are getting ready in Pansy and Eleanor's dorm. Wearing her dress, Ellie somehow feels closer to her mother. She puts her silver locket on, and starts straightening her already straight hair.