Chapter 2, Year 1

September 1st, 1991.

Ellie and Draco are waiting for Narcissa in the living room. Their trunks on the floor beside them and animal cages in hand, they are buzzing with nerves and excitement to go to Hogwarts.

"Godric, what is taking her so long?" Draco complains, "The bloody train is going to leave without us. I bet my father would have us there on time."

"No it won't, Dray." Eleanor soothes her cousin, a smirk on her face. "And if it does, I'm sure the Slytherins will be missing out on the biggest daddy's boy in the history of Hogwarts." She barks out a laugh.

The platinum blonde just gives her an annoyed look, and is about to say something but then his mother walks in.

"Are you two ready?" Narcissa asks and the two kids nod their heads. "Well then, we'd best be going!"

-------------

The three of them take a car with a driver, and finally are at Kings Cross Station. Once everyone is out of the car, they take off to the platform between nine and ten.

"Wait, Aunt Cissy, there's no platform 9 ¾. How do we get there?" Eleanor asks.

"You just walk through that wall." Narcissa responds with a smile. Ellie's eyes widened.

Nervously, she leans to Draco, "maybe you should go first."

Draco laughs, "scaredy cat." And then he runs through the wall. Ellie is surprised because although she has seen magic her whole life, some things still amaze her. Taking a deep breath, she runs through the wall. Once she's on the other side, she gasps in awe. The most beautiful scarlet red train is in front of her. Kids her age and older are all around her saying goodbye to their families.

Narcissa walks through and the three of them walk towards the train. Once Ellie and Draco drop off their trunks and pets (with a quick pet to Persephone from Ellie), they finally say goodbye to Narcissa.

"Have fun this year, kids. These will be the best years of your life. You'll find your closest friends here." Narcissa says, hugging the both of them.

"Bye, mom." Draco says, looking around, making sure no one sees him hugging his mommy.

"Thank you Aunt Cissy! I'll miss you." Eleanore says giving her another hug.

"I'll miss you too Ellie." Narcissa says, "Make sure you keep your head up, don't let people get to you. And I'm sure Draco will be there to protect you."

Ellie nods, "I don't need protection, I'll be okay."

With one last hug to the two of them, the cousins climb onto the train and start looking for an open compartment. They end up finding one with someone already in it.

Draco opens the door, "Hey, is it okay if we sit here?" he asks. "Everywhere else is full." The boy nods and the cousins sit on the seat across from him. He has dark skin and curly brown hair, with a book in his hand.

"I'm Draco Malfoy," he continues, "and this is my cousin Eleanor. What's your name?"

The boy closes his book and places it next to him, "Blaise Zabini." The train begins to take off.

"I remember you!" Ellie exclaims, "You were at one of my Aunt and Uncle's parties." Blaise nods his head, "I remember you too, Eleanore. You were the one getting yelled at because you ate the cake before dessert was called.

Ellie's cheeks turn red, "oh, you were there for that party. My Uncle Lucius was so mad that night. I wasn't allowed dessert for two weeks," she remembers, "It was worth it, though, that cake was so good. Also you can just call me Ellie."