Chapter 6: Madz

"The regular"

"The regular"

Nova just gives me a look and nods her head. I place her menu back in the spot and wave Tess over. Lucky us the place isn't very busy so Nova won't have to wait long for food. She definitely needs to eat soon.

"Well hey there honey buns. And who's this pretty little thing?" I look over and notice Nova blushing and looking away from me. I smile back at Tess. She's my everything I want to tell her, but I don't want to scare Nova away.

"This is Nova, she just bought a shop down the road. Going to turn it into a bakery." Tess just gives us her bright smile and claps her hands together.

"Oh my, isn't that wonderful! We needed something else around here. I get tired of baking all these pies and cakes. Maybe once you're ready we can set something up to deliver some things for me here? I'm getting too old to be doing everything around here." Nova just glances at me with shock on her face. Tess is something else. That's why I'll always be a customer here. She takes care of everyone.

"Umm, okay. That sounds wonderful. When I get up and running I'll come talk to you. I make everything so I'm sure we can come up with some type of plan." Tess gives us both another bright smile and nods her head.

"So what are you two getting? I assume it will be your usual Madz? How about you sweetheart?" Nova looks over at me. I'll just get her what I normally get. It's really the best thing they have.

"Go ahead and order her what I get but put less on her plate if you don't mind." Looking at Tess she just keeps looking at both of us with her wide smile. I know exactly what she's thinking and I am too.

"You got it Madz." With that Tess winks and walks away. I look back at Nova. I really get a good look at her under the lighting. She looks so pale and sad. She has bags under her eyes as well. I'm so pissed that something happened to her because of me. I'll make sure to take care of the SSMC very soon.

"So how are you feeling? I've got some medicine here from Saint for you to take." Already knowing she's probably in pain. She was just attacked.

"I'm alright. My head is really sore. I'm shocked though. I just moved here and I've already made someone mad." Her face falls. My fist clenches so hard I hear my knuckles crack.

"Nova, you didn't do anything sweetheart. You were attacked by someone who has it in for us. They shouldn't have touched you. Women and children are off the table." I try to keep calm but Nova can probably feel the anger radiating off of me.

"Why would they do it though? I just got here." I think about how I should word this without getting into club business.

"Our club is clean, but when another club came in trying to take over. We weren't going to let them. They won't walk all over us. So we 'took care' of some of their men. I guess they still are pissed about that." She looks at me with an expression I don't understand. I really don't want to scare her away. So I continue.

"When they came to confront us we had more manpower than them. They attacked first but it ended quickly. All we did was rough them up some. We haven't heard anything since." Nova looks around the diner and I wonder what she's thinking.

"Darlin', I don't want this to push you away from me. I promise I'll do all I can to keep you safe. I need to know you. I have this feeling in my chest when you're around and I don't know what it is but I want it, I need it." Nova gives me a smile.

"Madz, I don't blame you at all. I would have never blamed you." Feeling something through my body at what she has to say. I grab her hand and rub my fingers over her knuckles.

"They won't get away with this Nova. I can promise you that baby. They touched something that's mine and they won't get away with that." She looks at me shocked at what I just let out.

"I'm yours?" God this girl. She's been mine since I first saw her in that shitty ass building. She will always be mine and I protect what's mine. As do the rest of my brothers in the club. We're a giant family and we'll always have each others back.

"From this day forward. You are mine and mine alone. I don't share, so no one else better be in the picture." Nova just looks at me like I hung the moon for her. She starts to open her mouth to speak when Tess comes along with our food.

"Here you two go. French toast, extra crunchy bacon and eggs over easy." Tess looks at me and gives me a wink and shuffles off to the back of the restaurant. My plate is loaded with food. It's falling off the sides. Nova's doesn't have as much as mine though.

"Wow Madz. This looks wonderful. You get this all the time? Your plate is totally loaded. Can you eat all that?" I look down at my plate again and it is pretty loaded. With four slices of french toast, six slices of bacon and three eggs.

"Yeah Darlin', it's my favorite and yes I can eat it all. Now dig in." We both open our napkins and grab our utensils. I stare at Nova while she eats and just think of the future we'll have together. With a smile I look back at my plate and dig in. I can't wait for our future.