Chapter 17: Nova

"Accidents happen"

"Accidents happen"

"Axel, can you give me a hand and help me with this bag of flower please. I need to put it in this container." Axel jumps into action and he lifts it with ease. These guys are ripped.

I'm getting ready for the baking competition at the little fair the town is having. I'm going to make my dads famous chocolate cake. It's a layered cake with three chocolate sponge cakes and cream cheese frosting.

I don't want it to be too plain but I don't want to go overboard either. So this seems like the right path to take. I just need to impress them so I get some customers. I don't want to let anyone down.

"Hey Nova, Madz just called and he said he is heading over, but he sounded pissed so I wanted to warn you he might be in a foul mood." I've only ever seen him mad once and that was when I was attacked.

I wonder what happened to make him so upset. I give Axel a nod of my head and get together the ingredients I need for my cake. I hear my door bang open and a grumble coming from the front.

"This door is to be locked at all times. How many times do I have to say that to you Axel." Madz stomps over to him and starts yelling at him over something that's my fault.

"Relax Madz, I opened the front door to get our lunch delivery and I must have left it open. Don't treat Axel like that. It was my fault." Madz lefts out a grunt and heads to the apartment. He stomps up the steps and I hear the water heater kick on. So he must be getting ready for a shower.

"Sorry about that Axel. I wonder what set him off. I'll go ahead and send you home for the day. I'll lock up and try to talk to him. I hope you have a good day. Go do something fun." Axel comes over and gives me a hug.

This is the first time he's given me a hug and I hug him back tightly. "Thanks Nova. You are the best. I can't wait to see what you bake for tomorrow! I'll see you in the afternoon." Axel heads out the back door and hops on his bike.

I lock up the doors and put my wet ingredients in the fridge for now. I head up to my apartment and see that Madz is walking out with a towel wrapped around him. "What happened?"

"Nova look. I'm really not in the mood to talk about what happened today. Can we just relax and have dinner please?" I already planned on ordering dinner since I need to make my cake.

"That's fine but I went ahead and ordered from Bocca. The Italian restaurant that's a few blocks over." Madz gives me a nod and starts to get dressed.

I head back down to the bakery so I can start on my cake. I pull out everything I need and get to mixing. I've got music playing so I don't hear the footsteps behind me.

"What the hell Nova? You didn't tell me you were coming back down here." I don't know why he's so upset today but one thing I know is that he won't be taking it out on me. Madz sets his drink down and starts to head towards me.