Chapter 15: Nova

"Delivery" 

"Delivery" 

Today is the day the delivery comes. I'm so excited to start this adventure. With the help of the delivery driver, Axel and Beau we have everything brought in and in place fast.

"Well ma'am, I believe this is all of your items. All I need you to do now is sign over and confirm you've got all the items you ordered." The delivery driver hands over a clipboard and I start to walk around and check everything.

With everything I ordered in place I check off the last item and sign over all the paperwork. I hand it back to the driver and we say our goodbyes. He leaves out the back door and Beau locks it up.

"Is there anything else you need help with, Miss. Nova?" Beau asks. He doesn't talk much but that's fine Axel takes up most of the conversation anyways.

"No, I think we've got it all covered if you wanted to head back to the clubhouse for the day. Axel and I can handle it from here, right Axel?" Axel looks over his shoulder and gives me two thumbs up.

With that Beau takes his leave and Axel and I get to baking. He's asked me how to make a sugar cream pie. He told me his grandmother used to make them for him before she passed away.

Obviously, I couldn't tell him no so we got started. "First, we need to make the pie crust." I gather all the ingredients and I guide him on what we should be doing.

After the pie crust we start working on the filling for the pie. We need to get everything in the saucepan and go so we can get it in the oven. "So Axel, tell me about your grandma."

He's quiet for a second and then I see him smile. "She was so mean but in a good way. I was always in trouble when I was little and she would be smacking me around with her sandals." He looks at the pan and stirs it slowly.

"I would sneak over to her house when my parents were fighting or if they had their scary friends over. I was a runt and I couldn't protect myself like I can now. Back then they would all pick on me and I hated it." He seems to get lost in some memories so I poke his side.

"Well, tell me what you would do to get the sandals. You couldn't have been that bad, you're a sweetheart now." He lets out a chuckle and shakes his head at me. I can tell this will be good.

"Well this one time my friend and I put saran wrap on her toilet hoping she would try to use the toilet. Well, she didn't. She had seen our poor wrap job and took it off. She didn't come out of the bathroom right away. I started to worry maybe she was cleaning up a mess and I went to check on her. That's when she came out throwing her sandals at me and the other at my friend." I let out a laugh shaking my head.

Smacking him in his stomach I pull my arm away from him. "Axel! You were such a little shit. What did she do after that?"

"Well, she made my friend and I go outside and dig holes for no reason. Like, I thought she was going to plant some shit or something but no. She just made us cover the holes back up." I really start to crack up now.