Chapter 14: Nova

"Oreo cheesecake"

"Oreo cheesecake"

It’s been a few days since my birthday and things have been wonderful. Madz hasn't left me side, other than to check out the shop at work. I’m never alone though, which I'm still getting used to. Beau and Axel have been taking turns. I’ve not met the last prospect Knox yet though.

I’m currently in the kitchen making dinner and Axel is sitting on the couch watching some show on Netflix. I’ll make enough for all three of us but knowing Madz he’ll send Axel away as soon as he walks in through the door. I’ll make sure I pack him a little extra.

As I’m grilling the chicken I hear my phone ring. It's Madz and I missed his first call so he called again. “Hello, I'm sorry my hands were busy and I got to my phone too late. What time will you be home?” Shit. This isn't his home. I smack my forehead against the wall and shake my head. I'm so stupid.

“Hey baby.” Madz says in a sweet voice. “I'll be home shortly. I’m just finishing up some paperwork at the office and I’ll head on over. Axel is still there right?” Axel can hear his name being called and he walks over.

“Prez I'm still here. Whatever you're about to have for dinner smells fire though. So you might want to hurry up.” I can hear Madz grumble over the phone. He is such a big grump sometimes and I love it.

“It's just grilled chicken and some roasted veggies, Axel. I didn't go all out for dinner. Though I did make an oreo cheesecake. ” Axel jumps off the stool he was sitting on and walks to the fridge.

“Holy shit Nova that looks fucking delicious. Can I have some before I go.” He beams at me and I just melt. He’s the youngest of the club at 18 and came from a shitty home life from what he's told me. He’s worked his way into my heart like Madz has but his is like a little brother.

“Axel, you're not getting anything that Nova’s made, it's for her and I alone.” Madz grumbles over the phone. I mute my phone and lean over to Axel.

“Honey I’ll make sure you get dinner and some cheesecake dont worry about Madz. I can handle him.” Axel just hops back over to the couch with a smile on his face. He gets back to his netflix show.

“Nova, I’m almost done. I’ve got to transfer over this last file and then I’ll be there.” I unmute my phone and take it off speaker.

“Okay Madz I'll see you soon baby.” Madz tells me goodbye and he waits for me to hang up. That’s something he always does over the phone. He always makes me hang up first.

I get back to dinner and take the chicken out of the pan and leave it in the warmer. I walk over to Axel and sit next to him. “What are you watching this doesn't look familiar to me”