Chapter 11: Nova

"Strangers and dust pans"

"I'm so thankful for all your help today guys. You've really helped clear most of this up." We've cleaned the shop top to bottom. I've fixed all of the tiles. Now we're working on the door. It's really heavy and I love its old look but damn this isn't easy.

"Do you think the guys are okay?" I ask with worry in my voice. I haven't heard from Madz since this morning. I've been stress cleaning since he left. I've stressed cleaned and baked and I'm over it.

"Yeah, we would have heard from them already if something went down. Someone would have gotten a hold of us already." Axel says in a flat tone. He just gets back to work on the door.

"Yeah, I've kept my phone on and no one has called or texted me. They are fine Nova. Don't worry about them. They can take care of themselves." Beau replies and nudges me a little. I feel a little less worried after our chat.

I've done nothing but worry about them all day. It's been over seven hours. I busy myself with cleaning up the mess we made fixing the door. I pull out my phone and notice I have more angry messages from my mother.

"You can't keep ignoring me." I glance at the others and just shake my head. I set my phone aside and grab the garbage bags. Heading towards the back door I hear the front jingle.

"Nova? Nova where are you?" I set the bags down and jog towards a nervous Madz voice. He looks pissed.

"What happened?" Rushing to his side I glance at his hands and notice they are all split open. He's also got blood from a busted lip and I grab his face with my hands.

"Madz, are-are you okay? You're hurt." I close my eyes and catch my breath trying to hold back my worries. I knew this was a bad idea. He's hurt and it's all my fault.

"Nothing you need to worry about Darlin' . What were you doing in the back?" Madz just jumps over my question completely ignoring me.

"I was just taking the garbage out." I lift my thumb over my shoulders and show him the bags I had.

"No, why the fuck didn't you two take it out. She shouldn't have been out back at all. What if someone was in the alley again?" Madz asks, yelling at Beau and Axel. I see them look at each other and I can feel their fear.

"Hey, hey. It's okay. I didn't think it was a big deal. I wasn't thinking and they've taken such good care of me today. Don't be mad at them please. Lets go get you cleaned up upstairs." Pulling him towards my apartment. We head up the steps and I open the apartment door. We walk over to the bathroom.

"Is everyone okay?" I ask as I turn on the sink and carefully wash the blood from his hands. I dry them off, apply cream and wrap them up with gauze. I bring his knuckles to my lips and I lightly kiss them.