Chapter 20~

Chapter 20:

"You know, we've never been on a date," Luke says, running his fingers through my hair.

We're in his bedroom (his parents aren't home), and my head is lying on his chest.

It's been over a week since the whole thing with Michael happened, I haven't told Luke, and I never plan on doing so. I'll try to just leave it behind me, I know that's impossible, but the less I talk about it the best.

"We've been together like 5 months and we haven't gone on a date, shit."

"Exactly, so Ashton, would you do me the pleasure of going out with me?"

"Eh, nah,"

"Loser," Luke says, pouting.

"Of course I'll go on a date with you."

"When?"

"Now?" I ask with a shrug.

"Sure."

"Wait, actually, I want this to be like a proper date, I'm gonna go home, dress up all nice, and then you're going to pick me up, and bring me flowers like a gentleman."

"Alright, love," Luke says, and when I stand up, he quickly pulls me in for a chaste kiss.

"See you on our date!" I say, grinning.

"I'll pick you up at 8pm."

I wave a goodbye at Luke and then leave his house and go to my car.

*****

I hear a ring at my door, and after quickly fixing my hair, I pretty much run downstairs and to the front door.

I open it, and fuck does Luke look good. He's wearing all black, and he knows I love that, his hair is perfectly styled, and shit is he a fucking god.

Luke looks me over, then pushes me gently against the wall of my house, connecting out lips.

I kiss him back, and my fingers move to his hair, gripping on to the blonde strands. His hands rest on my hipbones, dangerously close to a certain area, and I quickly push him away, because we do have a date planned.

"What was that for?" I ask, Luke, slightly amused.

"You look really hot."

I blush, and Luke seems proud that he still has that kind of affect on me.

"Let's go," I say, sliding my hand into lukes, and shutting my front door behind me.

We walk to lukes car, and once inside he hands me an a day to remember cd.

"I figured you'd prefer a cd to flowers," he says with a shrug.

"Was it yours?"

"Yeah, sorry, I didn't have time to get a new one."

"The fact that it was yours makes its even more perfect."

Luke blushes, and looks at his feet.

"And the fact that you remembered that homesick is one of my favorite CDs is impressive as fuck."

"I love you," Luke says, meeting eyes with me, and as I look at him, I just feel so much adoration and love.

"I love you too," I say, then Luke strays driving.

"Where are we going?"

"Just a restaurant, and then my house, I hope that's okay?"

"It's perfect, Luke," I say. I've said perfect a lot tonight, but that's the only word that comes close to Luke.

"We're here," he says, getting out of the car, and opening my car door before I can do it myself.

"What a gentleman," I say with a chuckle.

My hand in lukes we walk into the restaurant, and are led to our reserved table.

We talk for a while, and then our food arrives. "Have you thought about university yet?" Luke asks, randomly.

"I know what I want my degree to be, I am not sure what university to go to, but I don't think it matters since it's a pretty specialist degree anyway."

"What degree do you want to do?"

"A bachelors in psychology, and a masters in criminology."

"You really have it planned out. All I know is that I want to do something with music."

"If you took music exams, you could try and get into a music university. You're really talented."

"I suppose, but I'd have to try and get a scholarship."

"Really?"

"I can't really afford university, Ashton."

And then it hit me. Luke hadn't really known about the fact that I'm rich before today. He saw my house for the first time today. I've never really thought about it, I guess he's distracted me, but his family is no where near as well off as mine.

I feel incredibly guilty right now.

"I could get my dad to help out with the funds?"

"No, no way Ashton, you can't do that."

"Are you sure?" I ask, I almost feel like I'm rubbing what I have in lukes face.

"Of course, I could never take money from you or your father."

"I'm sure you'll find a way to make it work," I say placing my hand over lukes.

Our bill soon comes, and despite Lukes pleas, I insist on paying.

Luke drives us back to his place, and we have to sneak into his room so his parents don't hear us.

"Are your parents still not okay with you being gay?" I ask as a slide out of my jeans and get into lukes bed.

"I think that if they got to know you, they'd mind less."

"Maybe I can meet them sometime?"

"Maybe. What does your dad think about us?" Luke says sliding into bed next to me.

I cuddle into lukes side, and he places an arm around my stomach.

"He doesn't exactly know..."

"He doesn't know? How could he not know?"

"We don't really talk much."

"You need to tell him, ash."

"I know, I'm just scared."

"Don't be scared, I'm sure he'll accept you."

"I love you," I say, closing my eyes, listening to lukes breathing.

"I love you too, so much."

A/N: I can't believe I'm at chapter 20 aha, only like 5 more chapters left of this story.