Chapter 23~

A/N: there are only like 1 maybe 2 more chapters left tof this omg

Chapter 23:

Me and Luke and the rest of the grade 12 students wait nervously for our names to be called to go on stage.

Calums the valedictorian, and he's currently on stage making his speech.

Time passes, and Luke is called on stage, and then finally me.

I walk towards the stage.

I look into the crowd, my dad isn't here, he's too busy for that.

My mom is though.

The woman who tore apart my life. The woman who turned my dad into a cold human being, unable to even date anyone again is here.

I try to ignore the fact that she's here and I continue on to the stage, I shake the principals hand and I receive a useless sheet of paper that confirms the fact I've graduated high school and then I walk off stage.

I walk away from the crowd of celebrating teenagers, and I go and sit on the steps outside the school.

"What's wrong?" Michael says coming up and sitting next to me.

"Nothing, why are you talking to me?"

"I know something's wrong, and I know that you won't tell Luke the truth, because you won't want to worry him, and I know you won't tell calum cause he'll make a fuss out of whatever is wrong. So what is wrong?"

"My mom is here, she walked out on me and my dad when I was 12."

"Do you want to talk to her?"

"No, everything's perfect at the moment. I have Luke, I'm going to a great university, she can't ruin everything again."

"I can get her to leave if you want?" Michael says.

Something about the tone in his voice leads me to think that maybe letting Michael do that is a bad idea, "no thanks."

"Let's find calum and Luke then, and we can leave, you need to help me and cal move into our apartment anyway."

"Okay sure," I say lifting myself up, and walking back over to everyone.

I find Luke and he pulls me into a hug. "Hello," I say with a chuckle.

"Hey, you alright?"

"Yeah, we have to help calum and Michael move to their new apartment though."

"Oh, now?"

"I think so, we can stay here longer if you want, though."

"No, it's okay, I don't really ever want to see this place again." He says, referring to the school.

Me and Luke go and find Michael and calum and we walk out of the school.

As we go to get into Michael's car I hear someone yell "Ashton!".

I turn around to see who it is.

Of course it's my mother.

I just shake my head, and get into the back of the car with Luke.

"Do you know her?" Luke asks.

"No," I say, "I've never seen her before."

Luke looks skeptical but nods in reply.

We soon arrive at calum and Michael's new apartment. Michael's parents don't really give a shit about what he does so he was able to move out easily. Calums parents were not exactly supportive of his relationship with Michael so calum just left.

I'm so happy that my dad was so accepting of me and Luke.

I'm so jealous of Michael and calum, Michael is currently making money from playing shows at local bars, calum is working on discovering what he wants to do with his future, and they get to live together without anyone else's judgement.

As me and Luke help carry their couch into the apartment I ask "Do you think we can ever be like this? Living together in an apartment?"

"I hope so, ash, I really do."

"I love you so much." I say putting down the couch.

"I love you too," Luke says with a smile.

A/N: this is so short ugh