Chapter 6~

Chapter 6:

"Ashton wake up!" Luke whisper shouts, shaking me.

I ignore him, and turn over to try and get some more sleep.

"Ash?" Luke whines.

"Ashton wake the fuck up bitch."

I turn to face Luke, and once I open my eyes, I angrily say "How many times do I have to tell you? I'm not a bitch, and I'm definitely not your bitch."

"And why the hell did you wake me up? It's pitch black, it must be like midnight."

"I'm sorry! But I heard a weird noise!"

"It was probably a tiger coming to eat you. Now shut up and let me sleep."

When I say this Luke's skin seems to pale, and his eyes widen. "Oh god, you really think a tiger is coming to eat me?"

"A tiger is not going to eat you. Now please go to sleep."

I settle down again, and Luke moves closer to me, and cuddles into me.

I turn to face him, and wrap my arms around him, pulling him closer to me. He seems to calm down when I do this, and I'm relieved because now I can get some sleep.

It's been a few minutes and I still can't sleep. I toss and turn for a while, and suddenly I hear a noise. It sounds like a mixture of a cats meow and a scream.

"Holy shit. Lukey, wake up."

"I'm already awake. Did you hear the noise too?" He asks, panic in his voice.

"Yes," I say, quietly.

"What do we do?"

"Fight it," I say jumping up and pulling some kind of karate position.

Slowly Luke stands up, and gripping on to one of my arms he stands behind me. "Woah dude you have great biceps," Luke says as he grips on to my arm.

"Yeah, great for fighting with!" I say, grinning.

"I'm so lucky to have a muscular man come to my rescue all the time."

Suddenly we hear the noise again. "Shit," I mutter.

"It came from over there," Luke says pointing to a bush in the forest.

Slowly we make our way towards the bush. "Okay, you pull the bush open, and I'll get ready to attack." I tell Luke once we are at the bush.

Slowly Luke looks inside the bush, and I apprehensively wait to find out what's inside.

Luke screams, and pulls me into a bone breaking hug. "What was it?" I ask.

"I don't know!"

"I guess the man here has to go look," I say crossing my arms.

I look in the bush and once I discover what's in there, I stand up straight and say "are you fucking shitting me?"

"Sorry?"

"It was a parrot in that bush. A parrot eating the berries from the bush. You got scared of a parrot."

"It sounded scary, okay?"

"You're such an idiot," I say shaking my head.

"Don't wanna be an American idiot," Luke sings loudly, mimicking playing the guitar.

I can't help but grin at his silly behavior.

"I may be an idiot but you love me," Luke says.

"I love you like a friend."