Prologue

˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚

We were golden, so why did we fade?

Your eyes, once love, now burn with rage—

I'd endure your hate, just don't say I'm nothing to you.

˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊

Jungkook storms into the room, his face a mask of fury, with Taehyung following closely behind, his expression equally stern. The door slams shut with a resounding thud, and the room fills with a tense silence, broken only by the sound of Jungkook's sharp breaths as he spins around to face Taehyung, glaring at him with a mix of anger and betrayal.

"You...how could you?" Jungkook's voice trembles with emotion, his fists clenched at his sides. "You knew how important this event was for me...still you..."

Before he can finish, Taehyung interrupts with a low, dangerous growl. "So what? You wanted me to stay still and watch that bastard disrespect you in front of everyone?"

Jungkook's eyes blaze with indignation as he shouts back, "Taehyung, I could have very well handled it myself! You have no right to interfere in my business!"

Taehyung strides forward, his movements swift and forceful, and before Jungkook can react, he's pulled into Taehyung's chest. Taehyung's grip is firm, almost punishing, as he holds Jungkook's wrists behind his back, their bodies pressed together in a heated clash of wills.

"Let me remind you, Jungkook," Taehyung says, his voice low and possessive, eyes boring into Jungkook's, "You are a Kim now. And that gives me every right to put that bastard in his place for even thinking of messing with my husband."

Jungkook struggles against Taehyung's hold, a frustrated groan escaping him as he finally pushes Taehyung away. He takes a step back, eyes filled with defiance and something deeper, more painful. "Stop pretending as if this marriage is real, Taehyung," he spits out, his voice cold. "We both know it's only a contract, something that's going to end in a year."

Taehyung's expression falters for a split second, a flash of hurt crossing his features before he quickly masks it with a hardened look. "Contract or not, Jungkook, I won't stand by and watch anyone disrespect you. Not now, not ever."

Jungkook's jaw clenches as he meets Taehyung's gaze, the tension between them thick enough to cut with a knife. "I don't care what you think," Jungkook grits out, his voice trembling with suppressed emotion. "But never meddle in my business again." He turns to leave, his footsteps heavy and determined as he heads for the door.

"Stop walking away from me, Jungkook," Taehyung's voice cuts through the air, sharp and filled with frustration.

Jungkook pauses, his hand on the door handle, and looks back over his shoulder, his eyes dark with a mix of anger and something deeper, more sorrowful. "It wasn't me who walked away first, Taehyung," he says, his voice soft but laced with accusation.

With those words hanging in the air, Jungkook opens the door and leaves, the sound of it closing behind him echoing in the silence. Taehyung stands there, frozen in place, his heart heavy as he watches the door, the weight of Jungkook's words sinking deep into his chest.

-----------------

Cast ⋆⁺☽

⋆⁺☽ Jeon Jungkook - 28 years old

⋆⁺☽ Kim Taehyung - 30 years old