Chapter - 31

For the next few days, Jungkook's world revolves around his phone. Every few minutes, he glances at it, waiting—hoping—for a call. The anxiety gnaws at him, an invisible weight that follows him around. He distracts himself as best as he can, picking up modeling projects to fill the time. Every now and then, he's at photoshoots, doing interviews, or rehearsing for upcoming campaigns. But even during those moments, he checks his phone, the knot of anticipation tightening in his stomach.

Despite his anxiety, one thing remains constant in his life: every morning, there's a perfectly brewed cup of coffee waiting for him - knowing its by Taehyung but doesn't acknowledge him for it- and a fresh dish for breakfast. Jungkook assumes it's Miss Lee, their housekeeper, and thanks her every time. "Miss Lee, the breakfast is really good. You're outdoing yourself every day," he says one morning, a small smile on his face.

In the background, Taehyung hears the compliment and quietly takes pride in it. It's been his doing, after all. Every morning, he wakes up early—much earlier than Jungkook—to prepare the coffee just the way he likes it, with the right balance of sweetness and foam. Then he moves on to the breakfast, choosing a new dish every day to surprise him. It's small, but it's his way of showing care, even if Jungkook doesn't know it's him.

Miss Lee, on the other hand, is more than aware. She often stands by the door of the kitchen, watching Taehyung move around with practiced ease. "You could let me help, you know," she teases one morning as Taehyung rolls his sleeves back down after finishing up breakfast preparations.

Taehyung smiles softly. "I've got it, Miss Lee. Thanks, though."

"If you're going to do all this, why not just tell him?" she says, watching Taehyung diligently prepare the breakfast spread.

Taehyung shakes his head with a small smile, "It's not the time yet."

Miss Lee sighs but supports him. "Well, one of you is trying, at least. That's something."

She can see how much effort Taehyung is putting in, and silently hopes Jungkook will notice it one day too.

Even though the results from the audition aren't certain, Jungkook doesn't stop practicing for the second round. He spends long hours in the living room, rehearsing the dance routines, perfecting each move. Sometimes, his muscles ache from the effort, but he pushes through, determined to leave no room for doubt.

Taehyung watches him from the doorway of his room, standing quietly, unseen. He sees how Jungkook took his advice and worked on the ending of the sequence, making it more impactful. Watching Jungkook's dedication makes him happy—proud even. Sometimes, he leaves small notes with additional advice or observations, sticking them onto the fridge or Jungkook's practice folder. Jungkook finds the sticky notes, frowning in confusion, wondering when Taehyung finds time to watch him rehearse. Still, he goes along with the advice, silently acknowledging its helpfulness.

When one day Jungkook had given his car for service and struggles to think of a ride. Taehyung  notices and casually asks, "Are you going to the agency today?"

Jungkook replies offhandedly "Yes", not thinking much of it. 

But then, Taehyung offers a ride, "I am going on the same way, let me drop you,"

Jungkook immediately refuses, shaking his head, "There's no need, I can just hire a cab,"

But Taehyung, with his usual persistence, doesn't give him a choice. By the time Jungkook realizes what's happening, he's already seated in Taehyung's car. The ride is quiet, Jungkook staring out of the window, arms crossed. Taehyung doesn't push him to talk, setting the heater to just the right temperature given the cold weather outside. He subtly puts on Jungkook's favorite playlist, pretending it was a random choice.