Chapter - 33

Jungkook has been staying with Jimin for a few days, trying to clear his mind, but no matter how hard he tries, Taehyung's confession keeps looping in his thoughts. The weight of those words—I love you—echoes in his heart, refusing to leave him in peace. He distracts himself with work, with conversations, and with laughter shared with Jimin, but when the nights come, when everything quiets down, the memories rush back.

At the apartment, Taehyung feels the emptiness acutely. Every corner reminds him of Jungkook—his laughter, his presence, the way he'd move around the space. The silence is suffocating, and no matter how many distractions Taehyung seeks, his thoughts always circle back to Jungkook. Regret gnaws at him, the "what ifs" and "should haves" tormenting him. He wonders if he's ruined any chance of being with Jungkook again.

The next day, as Taehyung sits in his office, lost in his thoughts, the door bursts open. Jimin storms in, clearly exasperated. "You guys are going to drive me crazy one day!" Jimin exclaims, his voice a mix of frustration and affection. "It's you two who make my days stressful, not my work!"

Taehyung leans back in his chair, surprised by the sudden visit but too tired to react. "You didn't have to come, Jimin. You can just stay with Jungkook... He needs you more than I do right now."

Jimin, undeterred, walks over and starts massaging Taehyung's tense shoulders. "Did I ask for permission?" he says with a smirk. "Anyway, Jungkook's gone for a shoot today, so I figured I'd come check on you."

Taehyung lets out a deep breath, momentarily relaxing under Jimin's touch. "How is he?" he asks, his voice quieter, filled with concern.

Jimin stops massaging and moves around to face him. "Well, you dropped a bomb on him, Taehyung. How do you expect him to be? He's confused, hurt, and trying to figure out what to do with everything you said."

Taehyung groans, rubbing his face with his hands. "I didn't think it would go this way. I just—" He sighs deeply, his voice raw. "I had to tell him how I felt, but now I wonder if I made everything worse. Do you think he'll come back?"

Jimin crosses his arms and leans against the desk, looking at him seriously. "Just keep trying, Tae. Don't give up. Show him that you mean it, that this time it's different. He's scared, but I know him. He still cares, even if he's scared to admit it. He'll come around, but you need to be patient."

Taehyung closes his eyes, trying to hold onto that hope. He reaches up and takes Jimin's hands, giving them a grateful squeeze. "Thanks, Chim. Really... Thanks for coming."

Jimin smiles softly, patting Taehyung's hands. "Just don't forget to take care of yourself too, Tae. I'm with Jungkook, but you know I'll be here for you too. You're both my friends. I want to see you both happy."

Taehyung gives a small, sad smile. "I know... I just don't want to mess it up even more."

Meanwhile, at Jimin's place, Jungkook hides his emotions as best he can, burying himself in work and pretending everything's fine. But Jimin can see through it. Jungkook's mind drifts to Taehyung more often than he'd like to admit, and there's one question that lingers on his lips, even if he's too scared to ask it outright.

As they sit together that evening, Jungkook hesitates, then finally mutters, "Chim... Is Taehyung okay?"

Jimin glances at him, surprised but not entirely shocked. "Why do you ask? You're worried about him, aren't you?"

Jungkook avoids Jimin's gaze, fiddling with his hands. "I don't know... maybe. I mean, we're a mess, but... I still care about him, Chim. Even if it hurts, I just—" He breaks off, struggling to find the right words.

Jimin places a hand on his shoulder, offering comfort. "He's okay, Kook. He's hurting too, but he's trying. He's trying to figure out how to fix this, how to make it right."