Chapter - 18

☾⋆⁺₊🎧✧ lıllılı.ıllı.ılılıı

playιng: [Fade] - [Jeff Satur]

˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・

These fleeting moments of peace with you,

I cling to them like life's last breath,

Just a little longer, let time slow,

For in your presence, my hope is kept afloat.

˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊

The last day at the farmhouse is spent in a lively and warm atmosphere, with the families gathering for a big feast to celebrate the day before New Year's. The table is packed with food, everyone enjoying each other's company as they laugh, share stories, and make wishes for the coming year. The mood is light and nostalgic, filled with fond memories and hopeful anticipation.

Taehyung spends most of the day in the study with Namjoon, Mr. Jeon and Mr. Kim, discussing the merger and how things will progress. Papers cover the desk, and the conversation is all business—numbers, plans, and strategies for the future. Meanwhile, in the living room, Jimin is helping Jungkook for the upcoming show. Jin pokes fun at Jungkook's expressions, making him laugh and keeping the practice casual.

As midnight approaches, the families gather outside to ring in the New Year. Jimin drags Jin and Jungkook to help with the fireworks, practically shoving a sparkler into his hand. Jungkook groans but gives in, watching as the fireworks burst into the sky, painting it with brilliant colors. Jungkook stares up at the display, quietly wishing for the strength to pursue his dreams and get through whatever challenges come his way.

Taehyung watches Jungkook from a few steps away, lost in thought. As the fireworks light up the night, he makes a silent wish of his own: that maybe, just maybe, they could find even a small piece of what they used to have. It's a fleeting hope, one he tries not to dwell on too much.

Eventually, everyone heads inside, tired but content. The familiar routine plays out once again—Jungkook heads to bed first, and Taehyung follows later. Taehyung turns off the light, muttering, "Good night, Jungkook," only to be met with silence again. Both drifting off to sleep.

Sometime in the middle of the night, Jungkook wakes up with a craving for ramen. Still half-asleep, he drags himself out of bed, frowning when he notices Taehyung's side of the bed is empty. He heads downstairs, rubbing his eyes, and spots Taehyung in the living room, working on his laptop with headphones on. Jungkook pauses with a frown, observing how engrossed Taehyung looks, and wonders if he stays up like this every night. Shrugging off the thought, Jungkook heads to the kitchen.

He pulls out a packet of ramen, boils some water, and tosses the noodles in. As he waits for them to cook, Jungkook sighs, stirring the noodles absently. Once done, he pours them into a bowl.

For a moment, he hesitates, feeling a familiar itch, and grabs another bowl, pouring the rest of the ramen into it. He picks up both bowls and heads back to the living room, quietly approaching Taehyung so as not to startle him. When Taehyung finally notices, he pulls off his headphones, surprised.