Chapter - 21

☾⋆⁺₊🎧✧ lıllılı.ıllı.ılılıı

playιng: [Back to me] - [The Rose]

˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・

I can push you away with every word I say,

Break you down and drive you far away,

I can make you hate all we used to be,

But I can't undo the hurt or bring you back to me.

˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊

The after-party is in full swing, lights flashing to the beat of the music as people dance and chatter excitedly. The room is a mix of industry elites, models, and influencers, all basking in the glow of a successful fashion show. At the bar, Jungkook sips on his drink, trying to blend into the crowd, but it's impossible not to feel the buzz of excitement still coursing through him. Jimin, standing beside him, watches Jungkook with a wide, exaggerated grin before mock-crying and wiping imaginary tears from his eyes.

"My baby!" Jimin wails dramatically, leaning on Jungkook's shoulder. "My little Kookie is all grown up now. You finally did your modeling debut, and you didn't disappoint! I've waited so long for this moment!"

Jungkook groans, cheeks flushing in embarrassment. He nudges Jimin lightly. "Will you tone it down, please? You're making a scene."

Jimin gasps theatrically, clutching his chest. "You don't understand! This is a big deal. I knew it! You are my only rightful competitor on that stage. No one else even comes close."

Jungkook laughs, shaking his head. "Thanks, Mr. Park Jimin. I'm honored."

They clink their glasses together, sharing a moment of genuine joy and camaraderie. Around them, the party is alive with people dancing, mingling, and soaking in the celebratory atmosphere. Jimin tugs Jungkook towards the DJ corner where a group of models has gathered, dancing and vibing to the music.

Jungkook lets himself relax, the beat of the music making his worries melt away. As he stands next to Jimin, nodding his head in rhythm with the beat, he's hit with a wave of nostalgia. Memories of their school and college days flood back—endless hours of practicing runway walks, poses, and dance routines. Those days, it was just the two of them dreaming of a future where they'd dominate the stage together. Now, here they are, side by side, their dreams partially realized.

They jam together, moving their heads in sync as the beat drops, laughing like the carefree friends they used to be. Jungkook feels alive, as if he's ticked off a major item on his bucket list. Deep down, he had always wished his first walk would be with Jimin, his fiercest rival and greatest support.

After their little dance session, they head back to the bar, grabbing another round of drinks. Jungkook leans back in his seat, eyes roaming the room, soaking in every moment of the night. But as he glances around, his gaze lands on someone familiar—a figure in a tailored suit, exuding charisma and confidence as he talks to a group of businessmen. Taehyung.

Jungkook's mood immediately sours, his brows furrowing. "What is he doing here?" he mutters, unable to hide his irritation.

Jimin follows Jungkook's line of sight and spots Taehyung. A mischievous grin spreads across his face. "Oh, look who's here. Mr. Hubby himself."