Chapter - 17

☾⋆⁺₊🎧✧ lıllılı.ıllı.ılılıı

playιng: [Love you with all my heart] - [Crush][Queen of Tears]

˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・

Jungkook wakes up feeling disoriented and groggy, the faint morning light seeping through the curtains. His eyes are half-closed, his mind still foggy with sleep. This state of confusion is familiar to him, often waking up unsure of his surroundings until he's fully awake. He yawns deeply, stretching his arms above his head, feeling the slight stiffness in his muscles. With a heavy sigh, he rubs his eyes, trying to blink away the lingering drowsiness.

Jungkook swings his legs off the bed and trudges towards the bathroom, his movements slow and uncoordinated. He opens the door, barely conscious of his surroundings, and steps inside. His feet shuffle across the cold tiles as he heads straight to the sink. Leaning on the counter, he squints at his reflection in the mirror, struggling to open his eyes fully. He splashes some cold water on his face, hoping to jolt himself into wakefulness, but it barely helps. Stifling another yawn, he turns toward the shower, intending to wake up completely under a hot spray.

Just as he's about to reach for the shower handle, the shower curtain suddenly slides open, and Taehyung steps out, his hair wet and tousled, a towel wrapped loosely around his waist. The droplets of water glisten on his toned chest, catching the light from the bathroom's dim bulbs. Jungkook, still half asleep and not registering the sudden figure appearing before him, lets out a loud scream of shock, his voice cracking in panic.

Taehyung, startled by the unexpected noise, shrieks in response, instinctively clutching his towel tighter as his eyes widen in surprise. "What the—!"

"Why are you—?!" Jungkook yells, stumbling backward in his panic. His foot slips on the wet tile, and he flails his arms, trying to regain balance. The world tilts around him, and he's sure he's about to hit the floor when suddenly, Taehyung lunges forward, wrapping a steady arm around Jungkook's waist.

The sudden pull causes them both to lose balance, and they stagger backward. Taehyung's elbow accidentally knocks against the shower knob, twisting it open, and within seconds, water cascades down on them, cold and startling. Both of them freeze, stunned by the unexpected rush of events, and for a moment, all they can hear is the splattering of water hitting the floor.

Jungkook blinks, the cold water shocking him fully awake. "What the hell," he mutters, shivering slightly as the water drenches his hair and clothes. He looks up, realizing how close Taehyung is, their bodies almost pressed together, Taehyung's arm still holding him steady.

Taehyung's face is inches away, droplets trickling down his skin, and there's a brief moment where neither of them moves, just staring at each other with wide eyes, their breaths mingling in the humid air. The awkwardness between them returns, magnified by the ridiculousness of their situation. Taehyung lets out a small laugh, a mix of disbelief and nervousness. "Good morning to you too."

Mrs. Kim stands outside Jungkook and Taehyung's room, her hand poised to knock when she hears a loud, panicked shriek echo from inside. Alarmed, she bursts through the door, her eyes scanning the empty room in a hurry. The only sound is the running water coming from the bathroom, 

"Jungkook?" Mrs. Kim calls out, her voice thick with concern as she moves closer to the bathroom door. "Are you okay?"

Inside, Jungkook and Taehyung snap out of their daze, their eyes wide with realization as Mrs. Kim's voice breaks the tense moment. On instinct, they both shout, "Yes!" Their voices overlap in an awkward chorus that only serves to deepen the mortification of the situation.