Chapter - 8

☾⋆⁺₊🎧✧ lıllılı.ıllı.ılılıı

playιng: [Dark Aria LVL2] - [SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:XAI]

˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・

Fate brought us here again,

Pulling us close, but are we ready?

Will it heal old cracks or carve out new scars?

˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・

The elders are bustling around the dining room, carefully setting up the feast on the long, beautifully decorated table. They always have the Christmas feast on Christmas Eve, a tradition that allows them to spend Christmas Day relaxing, enjoying leftovers, and each other's company. The room is filled with the warm, inviting aroma of roasted meats, freshly baked bread, and rich, spiced desserts, creating a festive atmosphere.

Jungkook is helping Namjoon set up the plates, carefully arranging them along the table. Jimin stands to the side, observing Jungkook with a thoughtful expression. The chatter of the elders fills the room, and Mrs. Kim suddenly looks around, noticing Taehyung's absence.

"Where is Taehyung?" Mrs. Kim asks, her voice tinged with concern as she turns to Jimin. "Has anyone seen him?"

Jimin, who has been quietly watching Jungkook's reaction, quickly answers, "He had an urgent meeting to attend to. He's in his room."

Mrs. Kim frowns, her worry deepening. "This boy... he can't leave work alone, even on the holidays. Always so focused."

Jimin watches Jungkook closely as Mrs. Kim speaks. Jungkook doesn't look up, but his expression shifts slightly. He frowns, his lips pressing into a thin line, and he shakes his head, the look on his face one of resignation, or perhaps, expectation—as if this is exactly what he thought would happen.

Mrs. Kim sighs, clearly disappointed, and turns back to Jimin. "Go call him down, will you, Jimin? He shouldn't be working right now."

Jimin nods and heads upstairs, his steps light but his thoughts heavy. He reaches Taehyung's door and knocks softly before peeking inside. Taehyung is sitting at his desk, intently focused on his laptop, talking to someone on a video call. When he looks up and sees Jimin, he raises his hand, gesturing for him to wait.

Jimin closes the door and leans against it, arms crossed, tapping his foot impatiently as he waits. Finally, Taehyung finishes the call and leans back in his chair, rubbing his eyes. "What's up, Jimin?"

Jimin straightens up and moves closer. "Everyone's waiting for you downstairs. The feast is ready."

Taehyung sighs, glancing back at his laptop. "I have a few more tasks to finish up. I'll be down in a bit."

Jimin clicks his tongue in disapproval. "What a great way to show someone that nothing's changed."

Taehyung frowns, confused. "What do you mean by that?"

Jimin waves it off with a sigh. "Nothing. Forget it." He moves to sit beside Taehyung, watching him work for a moment before speaking again. "So..."

But Taehyung interrupts, his tone resigned. "Jimin, before you say anything, I just found out today, okay?" He looks at Jimin seriously. "But wait, how did you know we were here?"