Chapter - 3

☾⋆⁺₊🎧✧ lıllılı.ıllı.ılılıı

playιng: [Time goes 'bye'] - [Jex nwalor]

˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・

Walking through familiar streets again, memories resurface,
How to stop them, is there a way to escape?
You're not here—good, right? Or no?

˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・

It's been a week since Jungkook's movie hit theaters, and the past few days have been a whirlwind. From promotional events to interviews and photoshoots, he hasn't had a moment to breathe. But he knows this is his chance. If he can ride the wave of success now, it might open doors to new opportunities. His agency, notorious for its neglect, is sitting back for the moment, unable to interfere due to the director's influence. 

But Jungkook knows that once the dust settles, they'll try to rein him in again. Before that happens, he needs a solid backup plan. Offers from other entertainment agencies have started to trickle in, but none of them feel like the right fit yet. He's holding out, searching for the one that can truly support his growth.

Right now, Jungkook is in his apartment, packing for the holidays. It's been so long since he last visited his parents, and with Christmas around the corner, he's finally taking a break. As he folds clothes into his suitcase, he's on the phone with his mom, who's reminding him to pack warm clothes and not to forget his favorite cashmere sweater.

Jungkook frowns, puzzled, "Are you guys throwing a party or something? Why do I need to pack so much?"

His mom chuckles on the other end, "Nothing like that, son. Just in case. You never know with the weather."

Shaking his head but smiling, Jungkook proceeds with his mother's instructions, carefully placing the cashmere sweater on top of his neatly packed clothes and taking some extra clothes. Just as he's about to cut the call, his mother stops him with a hesitant tone, "Jungkook, umm... just wanted you to know that this holiday, the Kims will be joining us."

Jungkook freezes, his eyes widening as the words sink in. He stutters, "Ki....Kims?"

"Yes," she replies, "It's been so long since our families have hung out together, so we decided to spend the holidays together."

Jungkook's heart races, anxiety gripping him as the thought of facing the Kims sends a wave of panic through him. Suddenly, the idea of unpacking everything and locking himself in his apartment seems very appealing. His mother, maybe sensing his hesitation, quickly adds, "It's fine, really. I already asked them. It's just Mr. and Mrs. Kim. Namjoon and his husband might join, but that's not certain yet."

Her words might have lessened the intensity of his worries, but the knot in his stomach remains. How does she expect him to meet Mr. and Mrs. Kim after all these years of silence? The guilt would be overwhelming, even just to look them in the eye.

"Right... okay," Jungkook mutters, his voice strained.

His mother's gentle tone softens further. "It'll be fine, son. They just want to catch up. It's been years."

"I know, Mom," he sighs, running a hand through his hair. "I'll... I'll see you soon."

As he ends the call, Jungkook stares at the suitcase, his mind swirling with thoughts. How is he supposed to face the Kims, the people he once considered like family? With a ache in his heart, he closes the suitcase, the weight of the upcoming reunion settles heavily on his chest.