Chapter - 40

☾⋆⁺₊🎧✧ lıllılı.ıllı.ılılıı

playιng: [Timezone] - [Maneskin]

˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・

Only thing that keeps us apart

Is seven thousand miles, running like a mad dog

Only thing that keeps us apart

Is a different timezone

˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ 

The airport is buzzing with excitement, a loud crowd gathered around the VIP entrance. The flashing lights of cameras and the excited hum of voices fill the air, all waiting for the star who's caused quite a stir on social media recently. Everyone knows who they're waiting for—Jungkook, the rising actor about to leave for an overseas shoot.

Other crew members have already left the previous day, but Jungkook is departing a day later, which only intensifies the anticipation. Phones are out, recording every second, eager to catch a glimpse of him.

Soon, a sleek black car pulls up to the VIP entrance, and the cameras immediately start clicking wildly. Inside the car, Jungkook sits, his hands nervously fumbling in his lap. Next to him, Taehyung sits quietly, the tension between them unspoken but palpable.

Jungkook glances at him, whispering softly, "You didn't have to come, you know."

Taehyung turns, taking Jungkook's hands gently in his, his thumb brushing over the back of his knuckles. "Sorry," Taehyung murmurs, his voice low and sincere. "But I'm a little selfish... I just wanted to spend a little more time with you before you leave."

A slight smile tugs at the corner of Jungkook's lips, and unconsciously, his fingers tighten around Taehyung's hand. "I'm leaving then," Jungkook says softly, his voice tinged with an emotion he tries to suppress.

Just as Jungkook moves to get out of the car, Taehyung pulls him back, turning his face toward him. Their eyes meet, and Taehyung's voice is firm but caring as he says, "At the airport, someone will be there to pick you up. I've arranged for you to stay at my old apartment in New York. It's already set up."

Jungkook frowns slightly, his brow creasing. "There was no need for that, really," he replies.

"Just go along with it," Taehyung insists, his tone gentle but unwavering. "I'd feel more at ease knowing you're staying somewhere familiar to me. Somewhere I know you'll be comfortable."

Jungkook looks down at their hands, hesitating for a moment. He nods quietly, sliding his hand away as he prepares to leave. But something inside him tugs—an instinct, a feeling he can't ignore. Before he can stop himself, he turns back quickly, catching Taehyung off guard.

Without thinking, Jungkook pulls Taehyung's face toward him and presses a soft, chaste kiss to his lips. "Bye," Jungkook whispers against Taehyung's lips before pulling away, moving too quickly for Taehyung to fully process what just happened.

Jungkook gets out of the car swiftly, his heart racing, leaving Taehyung momentarily frozen. There's no time for Taehyung to react, no time to ask questions or make sense of what just happened. Jungkook's thoughts swirl—he acted on impulse, needing the kiss as some form of assurance before parting ways. He didn't want to think about it, or worse, feel embarrassed by it.