Chapter - 10

☾⋆⁺₊🎧✧ lıllılı.ıllı.ılılıı

playιng: [Dandelions] - [Ruth B.]

˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・

We chose to play this twisted game,

But are we players, or merely pawns?

Can we claim victory, or in our shame,

Lose everything we've ever drawn?

˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ *˚˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・˚₊ ˚ ‧₊ .:・

9 years back,

It was Christmas Day, and the warmth of the farmhouse was filled with laughter and the savory aromas of a holiday feast. As every year, the Kim and Jeon families gathered around the dining table, the elders sharing stories of the old days while the younger ones chimed in with their own tales. The large, wooden table was set with a spread of traditional dishes, and the crackling fireplace added to the cozy atmosphere. Just a little away from the lively group, two figures stood by a pillar, speaking in hushed tones, their faces etched with nervousness.

Taehyung gave Jungkook a gentle but firm push forward, trying to coax him into taking the first step. Jungkook, however, dug his heels in, glancing back with a mix of reluctance and frustration.

"Why does it have to be me?" Jungkook muttered, shooting Taehyung a glare as he tried to resist being pushed any further. "You tell them."

Taehyung groaned, rubbing the back of his neck in exasperation. "We've already kept this a secret for two years... It's time we tell them, Jungkook. We can't keep hiding forever."

Jungkook turned to face him fully, his expression a mix of fear and uncertainty. "I'm not doing it... I'm scared of what they'll say." His voice dropped to a whisper, the anxiety clear in his eyes.

Taehyung sighed, his gaze softening as he reached out to gently touch Jungkook's arm. "I think everything will be fine," he reassured, trying to muster confidence not just for Jungkook, but for himself as well.

Jungkook frowned, unconvinced. "How are you so sure? What if they...?" He let the question hang, his thoughts clearly spiraling. With a huff, he added, "I already said we should have just told them we have exams and wouldn't be coming. We could've avoided this whole mess."

Taehyung shook his head, a small smile tugging at his lips despite the tension. But before he could respond, Jungkook's eyes lit up with a mischievous glint. "Just think," he said, his voice taking on a playful tone, "we would have the whole dorm to ourselves. No need to worry about disturbing the neighbors. We could've spent the entire holidays in the bedroom."

Taehyung groaned, rolling his eyes as a laugh escaped him. "I didn't know my boyfriend was such a sex maniac."

Jungkook's frown deepened, though his eyes sparkled with amusement. "As if you're not the one who enjoys it the most," he shot back, crossing his arms defensively but with a teasing smile.

Taehyung opened his mouth to retort, but before he could get the words out, a strict, manly voice called out from the dining table. "What are you two doing over there? Come here."

Jungkook immediately straightened up, his playful demeanor vanishing as he looked at Taehyung with pleading eyes. "Please, Taehyung, let's not do this today," he whispered urgently, his earlier bravado completely gone.