0) Prologue

Tiara-

"You are a useless girl!"

Tiara winced as her stepmother kicked her hard enough that she felt something ruptured. She's getting tired of this.

Since the day her mother passed away, her life has been horrible. Her father remarried and brought this awful woman into her life. His father never loved her mother; he hated her even more after giving both to Tiara.

Her father wanted a male. And her mother couldn't give birth anymore.

He doesn't care if this woman mistreats her. Tiara is reaching her limits.

"Hurry up! Your brother is coming home, and we need to get this house squeaky clean."

Tiara stood; her father, the Alpha, became ecstatic when this woman gave birth to a boy. He receives all the love and adoration, but he also mistreats her. He was away with their father at a meeting.

"Don't dirty the floors!"

Tiara picked up the bucket of water and went to clean the bathrooms. She spent all day cleaning and didn't get a chance to eat. She's not allowed to eat anything from the kitchen.

And she can't ask the clan for help; they don't like her either. Tiara has heard the rumors that she is not the Alpha's daughter. They say her mother was unfaithful.

Sighing, she needed to eat; she couldn't leave her room tomorrow. She quietly went to the kitchen and stole some bread, fruit, and water. She went back upstairs and locked the door. She ate in silence by the window and looked up at the bright moon.

"We can escape," Tia said.

Tia is Tiara's wolf. She's there, but Tiara can't shift with this weak body. Tiara needs to get stronger to escape, but where would she go? Is there a clan out there that would take her in?

There is the Red clan; they say the alpha is kind and treats everyone with respect. Tiara could go there.

"We shall see," Tiara said.

She showers with cold water. Even though wolves can adjust their temperature, she can't. Since she's too weak, she can feel the cold. Shivering, she quickly bathed.

She later huddled under the covers, shivering. Her bedroom is in the attic; it's cold and damp. The window doesn't close well, and the cold air seeps in. Everything she owns is second-hand; these blankets have holes. But she must endure it.

The following day, she stayed in her bedroom. She could hear people gather below. To avoid anyone disturbing her, she placed her hair under the doorknob.

It's a good thing she got up early to grab some food and water. They'll probably know it was her, but they can't do anything, at least not in front of important guests. It seems they invited another alpha. Tiara could sense this second alpha. His pheromones are potent and are making her feel tingly.

Tiara slept for a while before someone knocked on her door. She didn't get up and ignored them.

"Sis."

Of course, it's him. Tiara isn't going to answer.

"Come on, open up; it's been a while since I saw you," he rattled the doorknob. "Don't make me kick the door open."

Tiara doesn't have a choice but to open the door. He barged in, reeking of alcohol.

He closed the door and backed her up. He's taller than the last time she saw him. He was releasing his pheromones, and they disgusted her. She tried to walk around him, but he gripped her arm and pulled her back.