Chapter 17: Happy Birthday, Baby Girl

A/N: Do you guys like the new cover? I was reading some of my earlier chapters and I wonder how you guys still kept reading...

But anyway, please check out Never 2 Far by the bae @/alltimeshady! It's an Eminem fanfiction like no other! She helped me out on this chapter; I asked her for an opinion and she gave me her insight so thank you @/alltimeshady!

This the longest chapter yet! 3,408 words excluding this author's note! Most of my chapters were ~1,600 words. Let's get into it, shall we? *wink*
_________________________

July 31st, 1990: Aurora's 17th birthday, approximately 6:30 pm

"Marshall, where are you taking me?"
Aurora asked, sitting blindfolded in the passenger seat of Marshall's car. She had just finished work, and Marshall was there to pick her up. The reason Marshall was there to collect her was because her mom said she had to take her car to the shop. When Aurora's shift had ended, Marshall walked into the Krogers holding a bag, and he handed it to Aurora telling her to go change in one of the bathroom stalls. When she re-emerged, she received some strange looks from customers, but she shrugged it off. She had changed from her work attire into a deep red, long-sleeved skater dress and black Chucks.

"Shhh. Relax." he hushed, then reached over the shift gears to take her hand in his.

"You know people will get the wrong idea? Seeing me blindfolded."

"Fuck what people think."

"Marshall can you please just tell me?" Aurora pleaded.

"Nahhhh, I don't think I will." Suddenly, the car came to an abrupt halt, causing Aurora's body to jerk forward. "Sorry baby girl, the light turned red." Marshall apologized.

"Marshall, can you just tell me?"

"My lips are sealed."

"Marshall!"

"Aurora!" Marshall screamed back. "You know, I ain't ever seen you in a dress before." he said in realization, changing the subject.

"And there's a reason why."

"Why?"

"Because I don't really like dresses."

"Well I think you look real cute."

Aurora blushed, and thanked the Lord Jesus that the blindfold covered some of her cheeks. "Thank you." she said sheepishly. Aurora felt the car slowing down and then it stopped, so she put together that Marshall had parked and they arrived at their destination.

Marshall slammed his door shut and after a few moments she felt the door on her side open. Marshall grabbed both of her hands and helped her out of the car. He let one hand go, but still held on to the other as they walked for a bit. Marshall opened a door and guided Aurora inside.

"Take off your blindfold." he murmured in her ear. She did as she was told, and opened her eyes.

"SURPRISE!" multiple voices shouted at her. She was so alarmed that she screamed and retracted into Marshall's arms.

"You guys got me!" she said and turned around to hug Marshall and kissed him on the cheek. She looked at everyone in awe. Her mom, Tanya, DeShaun, Chantelle, Bri, Mike, Matt, James, and Steve were all standing there, smiling back at her. She hurried to embrace all of them and they all wished her 'Happy birthday'. Aurora looked around the house, and marvelled at the red, black and white decorations. The balloons, streamers, and confetti everywhere.

"How did you guys pull it off?" she asked. Everyone pointed to Marshall who put his hands up in surrender.

"Your mom helped too." he said. Aurora looked at her mom expectantly.