53. Homemaker's Worth

He felt his voice breaking, the tears he had been holding back finally stinging his eyes, and his chest tightened even more, waiting for Jungkook’s response. The silence was suffocating, and Taehyung felt like his heart was about to burst from the sheer weight of it.

Taehyung’s mind raced with worst-case scenarios, and just as he was about to apologize, Jungkook moved. In one smooth motion, Jungkook turned him around, enveloping Taehyung in his arms and cradling him against his chest. Taehyung’s breath caught as he instinctively clung to Jungkook, his face buried in the comforting warmth of Jungkook’s neck, the scent of him grounding Taehyung’s swirling thoughts.

“Hey, don’t cry, Angel.” Jungkook’s voice was a soft murmur, his fingers threading gently through Taehyung’s hair. “You’re such an idiot, you know that?” Despite the words, his tone was laced with nothing but tenderness.

He gently pulled back, just enough to look into Taehyung’s eyes, his thumb brushing away the tears that had begun to streak down his cheeks. Taehyung’s vision was still blurred with unshed tears, but the warmth in Jungkook’s gaze was a steadying anchor.

“I’m sorry, Tae, for not understanding sooner,” Jungkook whispered, his voice filled with genuine regret. “I never want you to feel like you have to do something you’re not ready for. I love you for who you are, and I want you to know that you can share everything with me—your fears, your doubts, all of it. You don’t have to hide anything from me.”

Taehyung sniffled, his uncertainty lingering like a shadow, but the sincerity in Jungkook’s voice made it retreat. He could feel the truth in Jungkook’s words, could see it in the way he looked at him—as if Taehyung was the most precious thing in the world. It made him feel cherished, more than he ever had before.

“I’ll wait for you, Tae. As long as you need,” Jungkook continued, his voice steady and reassuring as he gently cupped Taehyung’s face with both hands, his thumbs softly brushing over Taehyung's cheeks. Their foreheads touched, and Jungkook’s eyes searched Taehyung’s, filled with nothing but warmth and affection. “There’s no rush, okay? I love you for who you are, not for what we do or don’t do. You’re more than enough for me just as you are.” His words hung in the air, a promise wrapped in tenderness.

Taehyung's tears gradually subsided, the last remnants of his fears dissolving in the warmth of Jungkook’s reply. His heart felt lighter, happiness blooming within him like a long-awaited sunrise after a dark night. He couldn’t help but smile softly at the man who had soothed his worries, his eyes shining with gratitude and love.

Feeling an overwhelming surge of affection, Taehyung leaned in, pressing a tender kiss to Jungkook’s cheek. It was a gesture full of unspoken emotions—relief, gratitude, and the purest form of love. 

Taehyung’s lips lingered against Jungkook’s cheeks, the softness of the kiss a silent declaration of his feelings. His fingers gently traced the lines of Jungkook’s face, as if memorizing every curve and angle.

“You really are something else, you know that?” Taehyung whispered, his voice thick with emotion. A smile tugged at the corners of his lips, though it was still tinged with the remnants of his earlier vulnerability. “I don’t think I’ll ever understand how I got so lucky to have you in my life.”

Jungkook’s eyes softened at Taehyung’s words, his gaze full of quiet adoration. He didn’t say anything, just continued to hold Taehyung close, as if he could protect him from all the uncertainties in the world with his embrace.

Taehyung took a shaky breath, his heart beating steadily in the warmth of Jungkook’s arms. “Thank you, Jungkook,” he said softly, his voice barely more than a whisper. “Thank you for being patient with me, for understanding me even when I don’t understand myself. You’re… you’re really one in a million.”