Chapter 32

*2 months later*
*Kenya*

We all stood up and acted a fool when Penny walked across the stage,in her cap and gown, and received her diploma. I was so proud of her,and very happy that all of us were officially out of school. I almost shed a tear when she looked out into the crowd,winked,and did a pose,making the crowd laugh. She was the baby of the family and she was finally so big and mature. She was planning on attending college in New York, along with Craig,who had already walked across the stage,stopping to dance and do a backflip. His dreams were to become a producer for his own company. I believed in him and Penny and I was so proud of them.
"Please don't tell me you're crying." Chres turned to me and smiled,and I punched his arm,laughing and wiping my tears.
"Shut up! It's just that... She's my baby and she's all grown up. Craig too." I shed another tear and wiped that away too. He laughed some more and I rolled my eyes playfully. Afterwards,we all decided to go to Chresanto's house,which was pretty big,and Mr. Johnson came along too. Diggy and Bonita decided to go home with their newborn baby boy, Jason. He was adorable,and quiet and sweet too. We all just sat around and talked a little. Amaya was starting to get a little upset with Trevor for some reason,and everyone could sense the tension between the two. We were all playing music and dancing around,when they erupted in a full out argument.
"Just stop mentioning it!" Amaya screamed. We all looked towards them.
"He was looking at you and you were looking at him!"
Amaya sighed,rolling her eyes and preparing to walk off. You could see Jacob stiffen up. Trevor snatched her arm back,causing her to yelp in pain.
"You don't walk off from me,bitch." He whispered,but we all heard. It took no time for Jacob and Craig to start jumping on Trevor as Amaya stood back,holding her arm and trying not to cry, Peyton and I ran up to her to see if she was okay while the rest were screaming at Trevor.
"Let me see Amaya." I said,gently grabbing her arm. She seemed like it was hard for her to twist her wrist,and I saw Trevor trying to apologize over the loud screams.
"Amaya,baby. I'm sorry. Come here."
"You said that last time." She said,looking down. I widened my eyes,looking at her,then looked at him.
"Oh,hell no." I snatched him up by his collar,and even though he was a few inches taller than me,he jumped in surprise.
"You been hitting on my little sister?" I said,getting in my face.
"No. Amaya,tell them." He flared his nose,glaring at her. She looked at us,then him.
"No,I want you to get your ass out of this house and NEVER come back. You hear me?" I looked him straight in his eyes. If he wasn't as big as he was,I would really try to fight him,because I was so mad. I decided to let him go since he already had a black eye and busted lip from Jacob.
"And who you supposed to be? This ain't your house." He said,then looked back at Amaya.
"Come on,Amaya,let's go." He shrugged my hands off of him and gently pushed me aside. I pushed him against the wall and punched him dead in the mouth. He shoved me off of him,and Chres soon jumped in,beating him again and quickly pushing him.
"She SAID get out. Now you gon find your way to the door,or do you need assistance?" He said. Trevor looked at Amaya again,then rolled his eyes,walking out of the house.
Jacob rushed over to Amaya,checking on her. "Are you okay? Why didn't you tell me this was going on?"
"Why would I?" She wiped tears from her eyes with her good hand. "You won't even look at me Jacob,and he didn't treat me like I was the dirt under his shoe,it was my fault when he beat me. Not his. I know he has anger-"
"Amaya listen to yourself. You know you could've came to any of us."
She just looked at him,then looked down.
"Come on,let's get you to a hospital. You guys can stay here since it's nothing serious." Jacob said,scooping her up into his arms like she couldn't walk. He carried her out to the car,and Yasmine followed behind since he was her ride home. I secretly felt deep down that him and Yasmine wouldn't last long after this,because it's really obvious that Jacob still cares deeply for Amaya.
"That boy was mean!" I heard Shad's small voice say,and he came into view from the kitchen with a bag of Doritos. How does he always manage to get food? Definitely Ray's child. "Yes,he was. Don't ever treat anyone that way,okay?" Peyton said,picking him up and kissing his cheek.
"Okay," he looked sad," Tete okay?"
Peyton chuckled, "yes,she's okay. She just has to get a really big bandaid on her arm." He nodded,and Ray stood in front of them.
"Unless it's too late. Then they'll have to cut it off. And she'll have a little nub like this..." He popped his arm up in Shad's face,making shad drop his bag and scream,starting to cry. Peyton looked at Ray with a "really?" Look as he laughed. He stopped,looking at her.
"What?" He asked stupidly. She smacked him in the back of his head then went to sit down and comfort Shad. We all laughed as Ray winced,rubbing the back of his head,then he rolled his eyes at us.
"And now for your graduation gifts." Mr. Johnson said,approaching Craig and Penny with two envelopes. They opened them and Penny jumped in Craig's arms,screaming happily.
"We going to Hawaii,bitches!" She screamed,and we all opened our mouths wide.
"No fair! I only got a pat on the back and a phone case when I graduated!" Ray protested. Mr. Johnson chuckled,then looked at him.
"They're the babies. Give em a break."
We all mugged him and watched as Craig and Penny danced around the room.
"I wish I can go to Hawaii." I said,feeling salty.
"Maybe on our honeymoon." Chres said,wrapping his arms around my waist. I looked at him crazy.
"I'm excuse me who are you?"
"What?" He laughed.
"Oh it's just that ever since Zendaya got pregnant the Chresanto I knew just went away." I raised my eyebrows,then took his arms from around my waist. "Don't try to be nice to me now." I walked off into the kitchen,trying to find a bag of chips. He followed me,which I already knew he would,and turned me to face him as I crunched on my chips.
"And we not gon ignore how funny you acted towards me when you was going with whatever-his-name-is. And then you come up in my house trynna kick people out."
"That's because-"
"Ah ah ah. You ain't want nothing to do with me when ol dude was wrapped around your fingers. You know that made me mad so I acted the way I did." He put his arms back around my waist and I chuckled.
"Well Zendaya was a bitch." I simply said,and he busted out laughing.
"And I never received an official break up. I just came back from being kidnapped and boom pretty bitch with a bad attitude in the picture. I ain't expect all that." I raised my eyebrows at him.
"Girl,please. I ain't expect to get that attached to her,it just kind of happened. Then when I saw you again,I was planning on getting you back,then you got with him and boom she pregnant. I was trapped after that." I sat on the counter and he stood between my legs,taking one of my chips.
"Well now you free and you think Imma fall into your arms again?" I asked,looking at him.
"I was hoping so." He smirked. I looked at him with a blank face.
"Are you saying you miss me,Chresanto Johnson?" I said loudly,like I was surprised.
He mugged me. "Yes,Kenya. I miss you." He grabbed my hands.
"Aww. I miss you too,knuckle head." I said,smiling softly. He pulled me into a kiss,then picked me up,throwing me over his shoulder.
"I got my baby backkkkkk." He screamed when we got back into the living room.
"Bout time." Peyton said like she knew it was gonna happen. He put me down and I sat on the couch.
"Finally she can move out my house and into yours." Ray said,sighing.
I gasped,throwing a chip at me.
"What? No I just got so tired of listening to that dumb music early in the morning cause you was up trynna cook something." He explained,and I laughed.
"Well fine then. Just starve." I rolled my eyes,happy to be back with Chres.
"Cause lord knows I be too tired to cook in the morning. You better pick up some cereal on the way home." Peyton said,and Penny laughed when Ray groaned.
"I swear you guys have grown up so much..." Mr. Johnson looked at us all,a big smile on his face.