Chapter 8

*Penny*

"You scared about the test today?" I asked Craig, who had his arm thrown around my shoulder.

"Yea. Kinda." He said.

"Well,you shouldn't be worried. We studied all night." I said,chuckling.

He smiled a bit,looking down. "Im just ready to go home."

"Well we only got a few more months of school til graduation." I said. He looked at me,pecking my cheek.

"Hey guys!" My friend Kara said,walking up to us.

"Hey!" We greeted. Jamal walked up behind her,wrapping his arms around her and kissing her cheek. She smiled.

"Hey babe. Hey Penny and Prod." Jamal greeted,smiling. We both waved.

"We should probably get to class before we're late." Craig said,and we all started walking that way.

After we barely made it in time,the teacher greeted the class and passed the tests out. The class groaned,and I sighed.

"You have til the end of class." He simply said before sitting at his desks.

I looked down at the paper,then smirked. I studied all of this. I marked my answers.

I suddenly felt a piece of paper hit my cheek. I frowned,looking at Craig,who had a small smile on his face.

"What is it?" I mouthed.

He pointed to the paper,and I slowly opened it.

'I need #'s 1-25'

I looked at him with a blank face. 1-25 was the whole test. I shook my head,throwing the paper back at him. I heard him smack his lips,and I continued my test.

I felt another tap on the shoulder,and I rolled my eyes looking at him.

"Please?" He mouthed. I rolled my eyes,sliding the paper to where he could see the answers. I pretended to be working on it.

He gave me a small thumbs up when he was done,and I moved my paper back to the corner of my desk. A few people were done,just sitting at their desks. Most were sleep or texting.

I looked over to Craig,who looked around the room in boredom.

When 30 minutes had passed,the bell rang,and everyone rushed out,throwing their papers on the teacher's desk. I walked with Craig to our lockers.

"Thanks for the help." He said,hugging me and kissing my cheek.

"Yea thats the last time. This is the fifth time I've helped you cheat on a test,Craig. I cant keep doing this."

"And why not?" He asked.

"Because its not right! I cant be there all the time to give you answers." I said.

"Chill. Fine. It's the last time." He said. I looked at him a second,then got my books out of my locker.

"Wassap?" I heard one of Craig's new friends say,giving him some dap. I waved a little and he winked at me.

"Nothing much man,what about you?" Craig asked,trynna sound all cool. I rolled my eyes.

"Aye man. You still gon deliver them shirts I sent for V?" The boy asked all weirdly,like he was talking in code. Craig looked at him a second,then nodded.

"Yea,I gotchu." Craig smiled,and so did the boy.

"Aight man. I'll catch you later." The boy said,walking away to talk to someone else.

Craig chuckled.

"What shirts? I didn't see you get shirts." I said,being nosey.

"Ohh,he um,gave em to me a while ago." Craig said.

"Why couldn't he give em to V himself?" I asked.

"Cause he wanted me to do it." He said blankly. I looked down,nodding a bit.

"K." I responded. I closed my locker and started walking to my second class.

.....

As the day dragged on,I was assigned essays,tests,and projects. Senior year can be a huge headache.

I felt Craig wrap his arms around me,and I turned and pecked him on the lips.

"We still on for tonight?" I asked,smiling and reminding him of our movie date he promised last week.

He frowned a bit,causing me to do so too,and he grabbed my hands.

"About that. Look,I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to cancel. I gotta drop off those pants to V today."

I squinted my eyes,loosing my grip on his hands. "I thought they were shirts?" I asked,and he nodded.

"Yea. Thats what I meant." he said.

"Oh,thats fine. We can just drop em off on the way to the movies." I smiled a bit,then continued to walk to our car. He stopped me.

"Uh.. He lives all the way on the other side of town. We wouldn't be able to make it." He said.

"We can get a late movie then." I said,raising my eyebrows at his weird behavior.

He hesitated. "Uh,sure." He smiled,and I did too.

......

After we ate tacos,thanks to Ray and Diggy,we all went to the front room to sit down and relax a bit.

"I'm going to go drop off those shirts." Craig said,and I nodded,watching him jog upstairs.

"Where's he going?" Bonita asked.

"Drop off some clothes to one of his friends." I responded,and she nodded.

Craig came back down with a black duffel bag and he walked out the front door.

We all just sat around watching tv and talking.

"Shad,show them what you learned at daycare today!" Pey cheered. Shad stood up proudly,and started to sing.

"Jesus loves the little CHILREN,

All da chilren of the world,

Red yellow black and white,

They are precious in his sight,

Jesus love the little CHILREN of the world!" He smiled brightly as he finished. I chuckled a bit at his vocabulary,and we all cheered for him.

"That was good lil man!" Ray said,picking him up and pecking him on the cheek. Shad smiled proudly and giggled softly.

*hours later*

I laid on the couch as the door slowly opened,and Craig came in as quietly as he could. He shut the door quietly and started to walk towards me,sitting down beside me on the couch.

"Hey babe." He smiled.

"Its 11:34." I said,turning the tv off.

"Yea,sorry we didn't get to go. I had trouble finding his house and he lived further out then I thought." Craig said,and I nodded,yawning.

"Its fine,we can go another time. I'm tired. You ready to go to bed?" I asked,and he nodded.

_____________________

Comment and vote!!!