Chapter 31

(Marquan on the side)

*Peyton*

We all sat around the waiting room to wait on... Well,the delivery. I can't believe Ray said that back at the beach,but then again it had me thinking. I already knew Zendaya and Quan used to mess around but I thought they'd stop. Chres would be heartbroken if he found out this wasn't his baby. And,well,I never did like Zendaya. Just something about her never sit right with me. I held Shad as he played a game on Ray's phone,and Ray sat beside us,teaching him how to win. Amaya sat beside Trevor,and they were now official,as were Jacob and Yasmine. Craig had his arm wrapped around Penny and they talked softly,chuckling every now and then. She seemed to be telling him a story. Kenya and Marquan sat on opposite sides,Marquan tapping his foot nervously and Kenya looked at her phone,not phased at all. We all waited to see if everything went good. A few hours later,the doctor came out and said that we could go see Zendaya and the baby. Everyone obviously rushed to the room to see the baby. When we entered,Penny went straight to the baby,gasping at how cute it was. The baby looked around sleepily at all of us and we took pictures.
"It must look like Zendaya cause I don't see Chresanto anywhere on this child face." I heard Craig say,laughing a bit.
"That's because it's not his baby." Kenya said,smiling a little down at the baby.
"What?" Craig asked.
She looked up,then looked at Marquan. "It's not Chresanto's baby. Tell them Quan." Marquan widened his eyes as we all looked at him and Chres stood up from the chair beside a resting Zendaya.
"Kenya what the hell are you talking about?" He asked,getting angry.
We still waited for Marquan to respond,and he stuttered.
"I-I w-we weren't planning on this to happen. It was a mistake." He grabbed the back of his neck nervously,glancing at Zendaya.
"So it isn't mine?" Chres asked,looking at Quan.
"No,it's not." He responded,looking down.
"YES!" Chres jumped up,throwing his hands in the air. We looked at him like he was insane. He started to dance around the room.
"You do not know how happy I am to hear that,man. Good luck." He laughed,patting Quan on the back,who looked at him confused,then he walked happily out of the room,humming. We all just stood there in shock.
"Ooooo where is my popcorn." Ray whispered in my ear when we saw Kenya turn to Quan,an unreadable expression on her face. I gave him a look,then tried not to laugh. He pulled me closer to him,even though I don't know why.
"You could've came to me when you found out. Instead of you know..." Kenya trailed off,motioning to the baby.
"Well I was-"
Kenya slapped him so hard I bet it echoed down the hall. Ray laughed and I covered his mouth,trying not to laugh myself.
"Just shut up. I'll have my stuff out of your house by tomorrow. Have a nice life." She simply said before storming out of the room. Marquan stood there looking dumb and holding his cheek.
Amaya walked up to him.
"I would slap you for breaking her heart but she's done enough for all of us." She said.
"I'm sorry." He simply said,and she slapped him anyway,grabbing Trevor and walking out.
"Wait, so the baby isn't actually related to me,right?" Ray asked.
"Nope just two sad low lives." Penny responded,giving Quan a look that could kill.
"I won't slap you." She said honestly before stomping on his foot and kicking him in the groin. She looked toward Zendaya.
"I'll beat her ass when she's well. I never liked her." She flipped her hair before grabbing Craig and walking out. We all followed behind.
"I can't believe he did that." Vick and Stacy said at the same time,and Yasmine shook her head.
"That really surprised me." Now that I think about it,that's the first time I've heard her say anything.
"Well now we ain't gotta deal with em. Let's just go home." Jacob said,grabbing her hand.

.....

When we pulled up to our house,Shad was knocked out. I took him to his room and tucked him in,then went upstairs to find Ray sitting on the bed watching tv. I stood in front of him,and he looked at me with a blank face. I smiled innocently and he pulled me closer to him,kissing me.
He stopped,thinking of something. "We left all that food on the beach man."
I gave him a look,and he laughed. "What?"
"Nothing." I stood up and walked out the room.
"Where you think you going?" He asked,pulling me back.
"I'm hungry I'm going to make food." I said,and he put me on his back and carried me downstairs and to the kitchen.
"What do you want,my love?" He asked in a French accent. I giggled.
"Tacos." I said. I sat on the counter and watched him cook us some tacos,and right before we started eating,Shad came in,rubbing his eyes and looking sleepy.
"I want tacos." He said softly,and I picked him up,kissing his cheek.
"Why you out of bed little man? I wanted your momma to myself." Ray pouted,tugging one of Shad's pigtails. Shad frowned at him.
"Dis my momma. Not yours." He said,taking a bite of my taco.
"This means war." Ray stood up dramatically.
"We will fight once and for all for the gorgeous lady." He stood tall.
I laughed. "Ray sit down you are not going to fight my baby." I held Shad close and Shad laughed,sticking his tongue out at him.
"You better leave my baby alone." I said,and Ray and Shad both made "humph" noises.
"I was talking to you Ray." I laughed,and he picked up Shad,holding him up in the air and blowing bubbles on his stomach.
Shad laughed,kicking. "That's it. You're on my team now. We're double teaming her." Ray and Shad looked at me. Shad chuckled,then nodded.
I got up and ran with them chasing me,then shut the bathroom door as they tried to open it on the other side. I heard it get quiet outside,and I opened the door and was swooped up by Ray. He ran to the bedroom,Shad laughing as he followed behind. They tickled me as I laid on the bed,and Shad finally flung himself over me.
"Leave mommy alone!" He laughed,pushing Ray off. Ray fell back dramatically like Shad killed him,and Shad helped me sit up.
"I did it momma I got him!" He screamed,doing a dance with his shoulders. Ray sat up,laughing and Shad sat on his lap.
"Okay now we need to go to Chuck E Cheese." Shad said standing up.
"Baby it is ten o'clock. Only place we going is to sleep. I swooped him down and we all got under the covers,turning off the light and turning on the tv. I think I was the first to fall asleep.