Chapter 29

(Zendaya and Bonita on the side)
*Kenya*

My sleep was interrupted by constant banging on the door. I looked over to see Quan still knocked out,and sighed,looking at the clock. 3:00 a.m.
Who the hell is at the door? I got up,putting on some of quan's basketball shorts under my big white t-shirt. I walked down the stairs,then peeked out the window. I turned around when I saw no one there,then I heard someone crying. There were a few more soft knocks on the door. I frowned a little,then opened the door,seeing a woman laying on the welcome mat. She was pretty beat up, her curly hair was a mess,and her clothes were ripped and stained. I bent down,helping her up.
"A-are you okay?" I asked,concerned.
She still sobbed,then lifted her face,making me gasp and drop her. I backed up because I knew that face anywhere. After all these years,and she's clearly aged,she still had the same eyes and cheek bones,same bony structure.
"M-..." I couldn't even bring myself to say it.
She held her hands out,standing up,and I stared at her still,shocked.
"H-how did you..."
"It's me baby." She smiled sadly,pulling me into a hug. All of a sudden, she started laughing evilly,and I pushed her off of me,just in time to see someone dressed in all black jump from behind the bushes by the door and pull a gun out,pointing it to me.
I gasped,standing still. She just backed on beside the person,smiling.
"I always knew we made a good team." The man simply said before pulling the trigger.

"Kenya..."
"Kenya..."
I felt someone shaking me softly,and I opened my eyes,seeing that I was in the living room,and Marquan was looking at me weirdly.
"Oh,shit." I said,sitting up.
"You alright?" He asked,sitting beside me.
"Yea. I'm fine. I just had a dream about..."
"About what?"
"Nothing. What time is it?" I tried changing the subject.
"7:00." I looked out the window,and it was dark outside. I sighed,getting up.
"I should start getting ready." I went upstairs,took a shower,put on a lot of Quan's cologne,then got dressed in his clothes. I put four cornrows in my hair,then put on a SnapBack and a few of his chains. His shoes were way too big but I slid my feet across the floor so it wouldn't be as noticeable. I took my eyeliner,drawing a fake mustache on my face,then walked out of the room.

"Whoa. Nigga who are you and what did you do with my girl?" Marquan asked. I laughed,and he wrapped his arms around me as we walked down the stairs. I got a text from Ray saying they were on their way.
"Alright,you listen here." Quan said,turning to face me.
"Don't go in there seeking attention. Stay low and please try not to get shot. I don't wanna go to jail for killing the nigga that shot my baby."
I chuckled,rolling my eyes. I already knew what to do,but if listening to his "tips" made him feel better,oh well.
"Please stay safe." He simply said,and I pecked his lips,then hugged him.
"Nah,none of that. You making me feel gay." He pulled away from me,and I flipped him off.
I heard a horn honk outside,and Quan opened the door.
"Lemme see how you gonna walk." Quan said,and I leaned a little to the side,and started walking like a thug,tucking my bottom lip in and squinting my eyes.
I heard him laughing as I walked out to the truck.
"You got this babe. Good luck." He yelled after me. I blew him a kiss then got in the truck.
"Yall ready?" Jacob asked from the front seat.
"Yea." Everybody but me replied. Honestly,I was scared to go back to the house that I was held hostage in. I crossed my fingers the whole way there that no one would think suspicious of anything tonight,and that it would all just work out great.

.....

By midnight,we were all back a Mr. Johnson's house,excited that our plan had worked. Vick and Stacy were now upstairs taking showers and dressing in regular clothes. I couldn't help but think of the dream I had earlier. Did it mean something? Part of me wanted to actually see if I could find my mother,see if she's doing okay. But that would be very stupid of me. Maybe I'm just overthinking it. I looked up to see Chresanto eyeing me suspiciously,and I looked away,just in time to see Vick and Stacy coming down the stairs.
"Okay,I can't wait until tomorrow. We have to discuss this right now." Craig said.
"Okay.." Vick said in her thick country accent.
"Have you guys heard anything about Penny? You know,one of my sisters."
Stacy gasped,then sat up
"Okay,one day Roberto called me in his office,then told me to go make him a burger,and bring it to him in underwear only," she paused when Jacob made a disturbed face,then brushed it off, "anyways,on my way back,I heard him talking on the phone. He was saying something about this big brown house on capital street. Something about a Cinco and an EJ. I don't really know which-"

"Did you just say EJ?" Craig said,sitting up.
"Who's EJ?" I asked.
"He's Penny's new friend,she met him from Craig." Peyton answered.
"Let's go." Craig said,standing up.
Everyone looked at him.
"Fuck yall waiting on? I said lets go!!" We all jumped and stood up,following him into a room. He gave us each two guns even though I doubt we needed all of that. He didn't explain anything,just started straight ahead angrily as he sped through the roads heading to capital street. We pulled up to a huge brick mansion,and it was beautiful. We all followed Craig to the front door,and he calmly rang the doorbell. We looked at him like he was crazy.
A familiar boy walked up to the door and opened it,smiling when he saw Craig.
"Took you long enough." He smirked,but before he could pull his gun from behind his back,Peyton,Amaya,and Ray shot him at the same time,and he dropped his gun,falling to the floor. Craig stepped on his bullet wounds,making him groan,and simply shot him in the head.
I heard footsteps approaching and we all raised our guns,seeing a tall Hispanic man coming at us with a gun. We all shot at him,and he fell before he was even close enough for me to see his face.
"Is that it?" Stacy asked,her voice shaky.
"Keep your guns up just in case." Craig directed calmly. We did as he said,and marched through the house,looking for Penny. There were many staircases and many rooms,all for no reason because there was literally no one there. We heard a tv on in the room down the hall,and we walked towards it. Craig signaled,and with the help of Chres,Jacob,and Diggy,kicked down the door. I looked up to see a scared and surprised Penny,sitting up on a comfortable looking bed.
"Guys!!!" She screamed,then ran straight to Craig,jumping in his arms. They shared a very long,very disgusting kiss,and Ray cleared his throat.
"He ain't the only one that saved you." She smiled,hugging him,then the rest of us.
"Let's go home." Craig said,wrapping his arms around her waist.