Chapter 24

*Peyton*

When I had finally gotten the call from Ray,saying that Kristina was doing a lot better, I was out signing papers for our new house. It was pretty big,with stairs and a pool in the backyard.
I had just finished up the last few before I heard my phone ringing in my purse.
"Hello?"
"Hey. Just got news that Kristina's doing well in the hospital. She wants us to bring Carlos to see her."
"That's great! I know he misses her! I'll meet you there." I said,then hurried back home to get Shad and Carlos.
I found them in the kitchen with Bonita,having a small snack.
"Carlos! I have good news! You get to see your mommy today!" He smiled,jumping up from the table and clapping.
"Now?"
"Yes now! Go get your jacket so we can go."
An hour later we were at the hospital,in Kristina's room.
"Hey baby boy!" She said happily as Carlos jumped over in her lap. Ray walked over to me,wrapping his arms around my shoulders and giving me a kiss. "Hey."
"Hey. The papers and everything are signed. All that's left is the actual moving in."
"That's good."
"You look tired." I said twisting his braid a little.
"I am. It's been a long day. I'm gonna head home in a few."
"That's good. You need rest."
"Mommy can I have some candy from there?" I heard Shad,and he tugged on my shirt,pointing to a vending machine down the hall.
"Come on lil man." Ray said,picking him up and putting him on his shoulders. Shad laughed as he ran to the vending machine,making a car noise.
"Thank you so much for watching him while I've been down." I heard Kristina say,and I walked closer to her bed,smiling.
"No problem. He's really a big help with keeping Shad off of me."
She laughed. "Well-"
I heard my phone ringing. "Sorry." I said to Kristina and she waved it off.
"Hello?" I saw Kenya's name on caller ID.
"Peyton hurry home now! Penny's missing!!"