Chapter 10

*Amaya*

I stepped out of my car and walked up the apartment building steps,my hood over my head so no one would recognize me.

I knocked on the door three times,and Trevor opened the door and smiled at me.

"So you missed me?" He winked,smiling,and I dropped my eyes.

"You know why I'm here. Can I come in?"

"Sure." He stepped back,and I walked into the cozy apartment building. I sat on the couch and crossed my legs,and he sat beside me.

"What you wanna talk about?"

"Trevor... I... I dont think we should do this anymore." I said,looking at him.

He chuckled. "Yea,okay. We can stop." I noticed he was talking in a sarcastic tone.

"Trevor I'm serious." I said.

He laughed. "You wouldn't leave me? Right? Did he find out?" He sounded hurt.

"No. I've just came to my senses. This whole thing is so stupid. I was being selfish. Please dont be mad,we can still-"

"Shut the fuck up." He spat,and I jumped at the venom in his voice.

He stood from his seat and started pacing around the room.

"Trevor please dont be mad. I just cant-"

"I said shut your mouth." He said,yelling a bit.

I sighed.

"I always told you that you would do this. But no,you always promised that you would one day make 'us' official. And I was stupid to believe you."

I felt guilty as those words left his mouth. I've only been hurting myself this whole time.

"I love you,Amaya. What am I supposed to do now? Forget about the whole idea of you and just happily go on about my life?" He started to scare me with his tone of voice.

"Trevor,I said we can still be friends. This was all a mistake and it has to stop now."

"That bitch nigga got you on lock. I knew this would happen." He rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesnt get it Amaya! I cant just be in love with a friend and act like everything is okay when you get to be the happy one and I'm just left heart broken! It doesn't work like that!"

"You shouldn't have fell in love in the first place,Trevor! I strictly told you that no feelings were attached to what we were doing! You weren't supposed to fall in love with me!"

"Yea well I did!" He said,slamming his hands on the table.

I sighed deeply and we stayed quiet for a minute.

"I'm not going down alone in this." He mumbled loud enough for me to hear.

I squinted my eyebrows. "What? What are you talking-"

"If I get hurt,someone else does too. I'm not just a little toy that you can play with and drop when you're done. You have a week to tell him about what happened between us or I will. Unless,of course,you want to keep this going." He looked at me with serious eyes.

"What? That's not happening Trevor! I cant tell him that." I said,shaking my head and standing up. I grabbed my phone off the table next to me.

He forcefully grabbed my hand and pushed me up against a wall.

"It's either me or no one Amaya! Tell him,or I will. Or we could keep this going. Have a nice day." He pushed me out of the apartment,and slammed the door in my face before I could say anything else.