UNDERCOVER PART 12

MIKHA'S POV

It's almost 5 p.m., and I'm now in my car, heading to my dad's office as he requested.

Before driving off, I sent Aiah a message since her class ends at 7 p.m. and I won't be able to pick her up since almost 45 minutes away yung layo ng office ni dad from our school.

 and I won't be able to pick her up since almost 45 minutes away yung layo ng office ni dad from our school

I couldn't help but smile when I read her reply.

I started driving to Dad's office. It's a long drive, but I don't have a choice, especially if it's Dad's request. He might ask me about the recent mission he gave me kaya siguro pinapapunta niya ako.

Yes, when I say "mission," I mean it literally. I'm an Undercover Agent in my dad's organization, the Phoenix Rich Club—a secretive group founded by my grandparents and now run by my dad. It's a prestigious club for high-status families. It's hard to get in which means that it's also hard to get out of this organization.

The organization operates under three strict rules: First, the leader's chosen child must serve as an agent before passing on the legacy, or face serious consequences. Second, all missions being carried out are kept confidential among members. Third, the organization guarantees the protection of its members and their families, intervening decisively if necessary—even if it means taking someone's life.

After nearly 45 minutes, I arrived at my dad's office and went in without knocking.

As I entered, I saw Dad sitting in his chair, gazing out the window. Upon noticing my arrival, his lips curved into a smile.

"You're here na pala anak" he uttered

I just nodded in response and asked, "What's the matter po dad? Do you have a new mission for me?"  

"No, it's about your ongoing mission" he uttered

"The Cebu one? I thought okay na po 'yon?" I curiously asked since my mission in Cebu was to observe and tail an elderly couple. I believe they were trying to locate the home of the wife of a former member who accidentally killed the daughter of Mr. Lee, a new member, two years ago.

It's a long story, but the former member caused the death of Mr. Lee's daughter in a car accident.

Yes, I refer to him as a former member because I don't have his name yet. Dad hasn't provided the specifics. When he first assigned me the mission, he only sent me photos of the elderly couple, and their address, and instructed me to inform him immediately if I saw a woman in her 40s or 50s.

I was also informed that at the time of the accident, Mr. Lee wasn't part of the club yet. Since the former member was still in the club two years ago, they did everything to protect him, so justice wasn't served for the accident. He got away with it because of the club's influence. Now that the parents of the deceased daughter have joined the club, they're seeking to provide justice, the same justice that they took away. 

It's really absurd, but that's how it works.

"Mikha, are you listening?" Dad uttered, trying to call my attention 

"Yes, I'm sorry. What is it that you were trying to say Dad?" I asked since hindi ko siya narinig

"This is about your new mission na kadugtong din nung mission mo sa Cebu. You'll have to tail and observe again. I'll send you the details through our club's web portal." He explained.

"Got it Dad. Is it okay if I go now?" I asked

"Yes. By the way Mikha, please do your job properly. Our family's at stake here if 'di mo maggawa nang maayos ang mission mo" he answered, also reminding me.

I nodded in response then walked out of his office, and sighed.

"I hope this mission won't involve taking someone's life," I murmured as I made my way to the parking lot.

That's the only thing that I can hope for now but that's something that I, even Dad, can't control as it'll depend on Mr. Lee, kung ano ang gusto niyang ipaggawa.

It's part of the club's agreement to respect and follow each member's requests.

As soon as I hopped into my car, I quickly searched for my phone kasi iniwan ko 'to bago pumasok sa office ni Dad.

I quickly opened it and saw a message from Aiah.

 I quickly smiled upon reading her message

I closed my phone with a big smile on my face.