UNDERCOVER PART 20

AIAH'S POV

"Ano ba?! 'Di naman 'to yung daan pabalik sa condo namin eh!" I exclaimed

"Chill ka lang. I won't kidnap you naman" she responded

"We'll just go to my favorite Japanese restaurant. I didn't get to eat properly earlier because I was too busy watching you," she added with a wink.

"We're not okay yet, so stop with the jokes. Ibalik mo na 'ko, baka hinahanap na ako ni Loi," I insisted.

As I spoke, I saw a notification from Loi and quickly opened my phone.

I've been thinking kung paano ko sasabihin kay Loi na kasama ko si Mikha Lim

I've been thinking kung paano ko sasabihin kay Loi na kasama ko si Mikha Lim. I know na 'di sila matutuwa since they've witnessed how I suffered with what happened sa LU.

"Love, we're here na" Mikha said.

"Tss, love mo mukha mo" I replied, rolling my eyes 

We went inside the Japanese restaurant, and Mikha ordered ramen for both of us.I kept glancing around, trying to avoid her gaze. I missed her deeply and knew she was sincere, especially since she had to speak directly with my dad. But I wasn't sure how to start over with her. I'm afraid na baka pag okay na biglang hindi nanaman pala.

On top of that, galit din sakaniya mga kaibigan ko, which made everything even more complicated.

Gusto ko rin malaman pa kung ano ba talaga siya, kung ano ba talaga yung mission niya but Dad explained to me earlier na if sasabihin sa 'kin lahat ni Mikha, it would also put her at stake, pati yung pamilya niya. He reassured me that as long as I have Mikha in my life, she had promised him she would protect me.

I also discovered that Dad was once part of the same organization where Mikha works. He mentioned that he left two years ago but didn't explain why he had to leave.

After almost 15 minutes of waiting, our order arrived, and Mikha clapped her hands like a child.

"Sus, para ka diyang bata," I said.

"Yes, your baby," she responded with a playful grin.

"Yes, babytayin ko," I firmly said.

"Sorry na kasi, love. What can I do para bumalik ka sa akin?" she asked earnestly.

"I was never really yours—no, let me correct myself, you've lost the chance to have me," I replied.

"Ouch naman. Sorry for hurting you, 'di ko rin alam gagawin ko that time, nasaktan rin ako but I know na mas nasaktan kita so please allow me na bumawi sayo" She looked at me pleadingly, her eyes locked onto mine with a desperate sincerity.

I didn't respond and simply focused on eating my ramen.

As I ate, I heard my phone notification ding. I quickly grabbed it and opened it once again.

"Who gave you permission para i-post mukha ko?" I asked Mikha, my voice tinged with anger.

She merely smiled and replied, "No one. I just missed you, and you look so pretty kasi eh."

"Look at what you did—look at the comments. Goodness, Mikha Lim, are you even thinking?" I exclaimed in frustration.

"Don't be mad, Aiah, it hurts na oh," she said

"It hurts pala, huh? Sana naisip mo yan when you decided to hurt me in front of my friends. Sana man lang naisip mo diba na what if kinausap mo nalang ako in private, what if sinabi mo nalang sakin kung ano talaga nangyari. It might have turned out better," I said.

"I didn't think of that, especially since you told me na sinasagot mo na 'ko in front of everyone. I know I could have handled it better, and I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you, Aiah. I promise," she said sincerely, holding my hand gently above the table.

"Ihatid mo na 'ko. I want to go home na" I responded

"I won't rush you, Aiah, but I hope you'll really give me a se-second chance," she stuttered, trying her best not to cry as tears began to build up in her eyes.

I felt her sincerity and wanted to hug her and tell her na bibigyan ko siya ng chance but I'm afraid na baka masaktan lang ako ulit.

Is it even worth trying again?

"Don't ever think of crying in front of me, Mikha Lim. I don't want that," I firmly uttered, making her look down, though I could hear her sobs.

"Look, I'm sorry. Ayan ka na naman eh, kuhang kuha mo 'ko, 'wag ka nang umiyak, okay?" I added, standing up and moving beside her to give her a comforting hug.

She looked up, and I could see the remnants of her tears in her eyes. "I promise I won't hurt you ever again. I'll protect you, even if it means making sacrifices," she said sincerely, holding me tighter.