EPILOGUE

YVES LOI'S POV

It had been a week since it happened, and everything still felt unreal—especially for Ate Aiah.She had been devastated ever since, refusing to eat, crying every night, and constantly blaming herself.

Wala kaming karapatang mapagod sa pag-unawa kay Ate Aiah kasi hindi naman sa'min nangyari yun, but it was difficult for us, too, especially since we had grown so fond of Mikha.

"Saan ka pupunta, Ate Aiah?" I heard Jho ask upon seeing Ate Aiah na papalabas ng kwarto's nakabihis pang-alis

"I'll just go to the hospital," she replied.

"Ayan ka na naman eh," I said, frustration seeping into my voice.

"Ate Aiah, please lang oh? Wala na si Mikha...she's gone," I pleaded, trying to make her see that she was in denial.

"N-no, no. You don't understand, Loi. When we went to the hospital, her dad wouldn't let us in," she insisted, her tears beginning to build up again.

"Oo, pinagbawalan tayo pumasok, but she was just in the emergency room. Kahit hindi tayo nakapasok, kitang-kita pa rin natin lahat," I said softly.

"You saw her... you saw how the doctors tried to revive her. You saw everything, Ate Aiah," I continued, trying my best to help her understand.

"No. Loi. It was clear—when they were trying to revive her, her dad pulled the curtain so we couldn't see," she said, her voice breaking as she sobbed.

"'Di ka ba napapagod? Maawa ka naman sa sarili mo," I said, my voice tinged with concern.

"No, 'di ako pwedeng mapagod, Mikha's alive," she said firmly, her resolve unwavering.

"Tigil na, Aiah. It's time para unahin mo naman ang sarili mo," West interjected, her tone firm but compassionate.

"Ate Aiah naman... nakailang confirm kana dun sa hospital. They've already told you na wala na si Mikha," Jhoanna added gently.

"I-I love Mikha. I love her more than I love myself... ang tanga ko, putangina! ang tanga ko!" she cried, hitting her chest in anguish.

"I should have given her another chance. I should have embraced her when she was crying and letting herself get drenched in the rain. I should have just listened to her—maybe things could have been different," she sobbed.

"It was my fault. It was my fault all along," she added, tears flowing endlessly.

"Stop blaming yourself, Aiah. I spoke with her over the phone the night it happened. She told me she would follow you to protect you. She knew the risks; she was prepared," West said softly.

"If she had told you, dapat sana pinigilan mo West!" she exclaimed, her heart breaking.

"If only I could have stopped her, I would have pero kilala mo naman si Mikha 'diba?" West responded, trying to console her.

"It already happened. Tama na, Aiah... lalo ka lang masasaktan," Gwen said, her voice filled with sorrow.

"W-wala ba 'kong kakampi kahit isa sa inyo?" Ate Aiah asked, her eyes swollen from crying.

"Tangina naman, Aiah, you're making it hard for everyone! Nasasaktan din kami! Mikha was my longtime best friend!" West shouted, her voice tinged with frustration and on the verge of breaking into tears.

"Punyetaa! West, diba kinausap kana namin about this?" Jho snapped at West, anger flaring.

We had all agreed to be extra understanding with Ate Aiah. She was fragile, and when she's hurt, nasasaktan din kami.

Ate Aiah had always been a source of comfort and wisdom for us, but now, seeing her in such pain was almost too much to bear.

"I-I'm sorry," Ate Aiah said softly, still sobbing, as she began to walk back to her room.

When Ate Aiah left, the living room fell into a sudden, heavy silence. If it was hard for us, how much more for Ate Aiah?

Yung usual na lively living room namin, it was now steeped in quiet. No one dared to speak, the air thick with unspoken grief, but the silence was broken when all of our phones suddenly buzzed with notifications.

 No one dared to speak, the air thick with unspoken grief, but the silence was broken when all of our phones suddenly buzzed with notifications

----------------------------------------------------------------END--------------------------------------------------------

 If you want to read the continuation, please read Dear Maraiah. Thank you!

A/N: THANK YOU FOR READING!