UNDERCOVER PART 21

AIAH'S POV

We had already arrived at the condo, but we were still stuck here sa parking lot since Mikhs had been contemplating if she'd go up with me to help me explain why I was with her.

Mikhs wanted to tell them more but she couldn't do that since she told me na alam na rin ni West and she couldn't afford to let everyone know kung ano talaga siya.

She's been looking for a reason kung yung irarason niya kila Loi but she couldn't think of anything

"We can't lie to them forever," Mikha said.

"How about you just tell them that my dad and your father were business rivals and that your dad warned you to stay away from me?" I asked

"That's too complicated, love. And masyado naman 'yang pang teleserye," she joked.

"Edi ikaw bahala kung ano maisip mo," I said, crossing my arms.

"How about I tell them I thought kayo na nung Jeremy since I saw you with him the day before we went to LU?" she suggested.

"Seriously, Mikha Lim? You haven't moved on from that? I've already told you na may hiniram lang siya since same course kami diba?" I defensively exclaimed.

"Whoa, whoa, kalma. I was just jealous because he got to hold your hand," she pouted.

I immediately took her hand and intertwined our fingers, which made her blush.

"Oh, ba't 'di ka na makapagsalita?" I asked with a smile.

"I don't know. You're holding my hand eh," she explained shyly.

"Yes, and I can always do that. So, yun lang pala pinagseselosan mo eh" I said with a grin.

"I don't want to see that Jeremy holding your hand again. What's mine is mine," she said, smirking.

I couldn't help but smile at her words, feeling butterflies in my stomach—feelings I hadn't experienced in a long time.

"So ano nga? Okay na ba 'yon as my reason?" she asked.

"Whatever you decide, I'll just—" I began to respond, but we heard a knock on the car door.

Looking up, we saw Loi and Stacey standing right outside the passenger seat.

"Tinted ba 'to?" I asked Mikha.

"Shit, no! Yung isa 'kong sasakyan yung tinted," she responded, looking visibly rattled.

"What the? So they can see us?!" I asked again, panic rising in my voice.

"Malamang! I already told you na 'di nga 'to tinted eh" She reasoned.

"Ba't nagagalit ka?" I asked

"Sorry. Eh kasi naman natatakot na 'ko. Look at them," Mikha said, glancing at Loi and Stacey, who both had their arms crossed and eyebrows raised.

"They obviously can see us," I murmured.

"Buksan ko na ba?" I asked Mikha.

She just nodded, looking pale and nervous.

"Cool pero kinakabahan sa bestfriends ko hahaha" I joked to lighten the mood.

"Stop with that. Kinakabahan na nga yung tao eh" she responded, clearly annoyed.

I had no choice but to open the door.

"At dito pa talaga kayo naglalandian?" Loi asked, crossing her arms.

"No, we're not. We're just thinking about something," I explained.

"Really? Thinking while holding hands? How do you explain that?" Stacey asked.

"And you, Mikha Lim—may lakas loob ka pa talagang magpakita sa amin huh?" Stacey added, her gaze fixed on Mikha.

"Right! And ikaw naman ate Aiah, ang rupok mo naman 'te. Ano bang explanation ang sinabi niya sayo para mapawatad mo 'yan?" Loi asked.

"Oh, so here's the red flag enjoyer with the red flag itself," Jho suddenly chimed in, holding a paper bag from 7/11. She's obviously with Loi and Stacey and slipped in behind them.

"We'll explain everything sa taas. Can you give us a moment to breathe muna?" I asked, noticing how nervous Mikha was under their intense questioning.

They nodded and headed towards the elevator.

The elevator ride was silent, and the tension was evident.

Once we reached the condo, the girls quickly took seats on the couch, along with Sheena, who had been waiting alone.

"So, what's going on?" Stacey began.

"I met Mikha at home, and she was with my dad," I started, as Mikha seemed too nervous to speak.

"What?! And ano naman ang ginagawa niya 'ron?" Loi asked, clearly shocked.

"It's too confidential to go into detail, but Mikha needed to discuss some things with my dad. She also promised to sort things out so we can be together without any problems," I explained.

"That sounds too complicated," Jho said.

"It's just that my dad and Mikha's dad were business rivals. She only found out when she saw my dad's photo on my phone while we were on the way to LU," I added, trying hard to sound convincing.

They seemed to buy the explanation, as they all nodded.

"I want to believe that, but something seems off," Jho said.

I was about to elaborate further when the door suddenly creaked open.

"What's up, gir—Mikhs?! What are you doing here?" West asked in disbelief.

"She's with me," I answered on Mikha's behalf.

"Okay na ba kayo?" West asked.

I nodded in response, and West smiled in understanding.

"At dahil diyan, we want popsicles but nakalimutan naming bumili kaya kayong dalawa, bili kayo and that's gonna be your treat Mikha Lim," Stacey said, crossing her arms.

Mikha just nodded and looked at me, signaling that we should go out and buy the popsicles.