UNDERCOVER PART 26

AIAH'S POV

It wasn't long after we got home when the girls started debating whether to order dinner or cook.

"Magluto na lang kasi tayo para makatipid" Jho suggested

"Wow naman, as if marunong ka magluto Jho ah," Staks chimed in

"Tutulungan naman kita eh," Jho insisted

"Diba? Tama nga ako, ako pa rin magluluto" Stacey said, crossing her arms

"Ako nalang. Marunong naman ako" biglaan namang sabi ni West sabay ngiti kay Jhoanna

"Sus, 2nd place to sa Mikhaiah eh" Loi said

"Ay sa true lang, ayaw pa kasing umamin na sila na eh," Sheena agreed

Just then, the door swung open. I looked up to see Mikha walking in, and her face lit up with a smile when she saw me.

"I've brought you guys food," she said

"Thank God! You're a lifesaver, Mikhs," Stacey exclaimed, giving Mikha a big hug.

"Yuck, Stacey! Seriously? In front of my girlfriend?" Mikha joked, trying to push her away.

I laughed, especially seeing how close Mikha had become with my best friends.

"Love, look at Stacey. Kunin mo na 'ko dali, baka agawin pa 'ko neto," Mikha chuckled.

"Bakit? Magpapaagaw ka ba?" I teased.

"Of course not. I'm all yours, babiiii," she replied with a playful grin.

"Goodness, Ewan ko sainyo. Nakakaumay na 'yang babi niyo," Stacey quickly retorted.

As soon as Stacey let go, Mikha rushed over and hugged me tightly.

"I missed you, love," she whispered.

"But we were just together earlier, love," I said, smiling.

"So? I told you, I want to be with you palagi," she said, looking up at me.

"Let's go inside your room?" she asked.

"Oh, you just want cuddles again," I teased, and she immediately pouted.

"Hoy, ano yan? Mag-eeme na naman kayo sa kwarto niyo?" Loi exclaimed, causing the other girls to look over.

"Shut up, Yves, will you? 'Di ba pwedeng mahihiga at matutulog lang? I'm tired, okay?" Mikha shot back, glaring at Loi.

"Oo na, oo na," Loi replied, backing off.

"Sus, mahihiga pero kasama si Ate Aiah," Sheena commented, making Mikha glance at her.

"Do you want me to take back the food I bought?" Mikha teased, raising an eyebrow.

"Joke lang naman eh," Sheena said with a grin.

Mikha rolled her eyes but smiled as she pulled me towards my room. Once inside, she quickly lay down on the bed and pulled me close.

"I just want to sleep, love. I want to fall asleep while hugging you," she murmured.

"Okay, I get it," I said, settling beside her.

"Love, you trust me, right?" she asked suddenly.

"Of course, love. What's going on?" I asked, concerned.

"Nothing really. Baka kasi 'pag umaalis ako baka isipin mo may iba ako," she said, chuckling.

"Buang ka, love. Of course not. Why would I think of that?" I reassured her.

"Just checking. I don't want you to think I'm not loyal," she joked.

I laughed at her playful worries and leaned in to kiss her on her lips.

She seemed flustered, and her cheeks turned a rosy red.

"Wh-what was that?" she stuttered.

"Bakit? Ayaw mo ba?" I teased.

"Of course I do. Isa pa nga, love?" she asked with a smile.

"Tumigil ka na nga. Matulog ka na, sabi mo pagod ka," I said gently.

She smiled at me and closed her eyes, drifting off to sleep in my arms.

After a few minutes, I noticed that Mikha had fallen asleep quickly.

"Bilis matulog nito," I murmured with a smile.

Mikha looked so beautiful, with her thick eyebrows, her eyes, her lips—everything about her was captivating.

I slowly tried to pull my arms away since I was getting hungry and wanted to go out to grab something to eat.

As soon as I managed to free myself, I quietly left the room and saw the other girls in the kitchen, eating.

"Tulog na si Mikhs?" Gwen asked as soon as she saw me.

I nodded and smiled at her.

"Mabilis talaga yan matulog," West commented.

"Pagod nga siya, naghulaan pa tayo kung ano'ng ginagawa, hahaha," Loi added, laughing.

"Ang babastos kasi ng utak niyo eh," I said, crossing my arms.

"Kumain ka na, Ate Aiah. Tirhan na lang natin si Mikha. Baka 'di pa siya kumakain," Jho said.

I nodded and took a seat at the vacant dining chair next to Stacey.

As I was about to extend my arm and get my food, I remembered that I needed to call my grandmother to wish her a happy birthday. I stood up quickly to grab my phone, which I had left in the room.

When I returned to the room and picked up my phone, I heard Mikha's phone buzz. I quickly checked it to see if it was something important.

I saw a message notification from her dad:

Dad: Kill Aiah Quinn Arceta as soon as possible.

Dad: Be true to your words.

Reading those messages left me frozen. My mind went blank as the reality of the situation hit me. I couldn't fully process what I had just read, but one thing was clear: Mikha was being asked to kill me.

I gathered the courage to move and realized I needed to get away immediately. I had to distance myself from Mikha, I needed to be away from the one I love.

I rushed out of the room and went straight to the frontdoor.

"I'll just go to Dad's," I said, my voice breaking as tears started to well up in my eyes. My only thought was to run, to escape from Mikha.