Cigarette burns // Natalie Scatorccio

The smell of death floats through the air as Natalie takes a hit of the cigarette that eventually was destined to kill her, not a care in the world that eventually this bad habit will lead to a horrible future. But Natalie was young, she didn't care for what the effects of taking hits of a cigarette would lead to, she just wanted to fit in and get the buzz that nicotine would give her. 

"Do you reckon aliens exist" Natalie theorised, her blonde hair falling over the edge of my bed as she laid flat on her back, her head hanging off as she looked at me. I turned in my chair, my eyes capturing hers as a confused look creeps on my face. "You what?" I ask, dropping down my pen to put my entire focus onto  the girl laying on my bed. I watch as the exhales smoke, it drifting round my room creating a smoky scene as she repeats her question.

"Do you think aliens exist" 

I turn, trying to focus my attention back to the homework. Mr P had set us some bullshit maths homework, the equations didn't seem to make sense at all. It was almost like he had just set some random gibberish that he expected us to be able to do without any question, but yet here i am. Sat in a chair, listening to my girlfriend question about whenever aliens exist or are they just a theory made up by people desperate for a story whilst i struggled on some stupid math equation like a idiot. 

"Need some help?" Natalie asks, making me jump as the smell of her cherry perfume and smoke entered my nostrils. "Jesus Nat!" I explain, my heart pounding in my chest as i look up at her. She looked like an angel right now, her hair falling in such a perfect way, the t shirt she was wearing laid in a way that she looked like a model that should be on a runway. 

"Hold this" She says, giving me the smoking cigarette as she picks up the equation sheet, furrowing her eyebrows as she becomes even more confused. What she didn't notice was the sleeves of her t-shirt slowly sliding up her arms, revealing little circle scars that i recognise in a instant. 

Cigarette Burns. 

Why? 

"Natalie what are those?" I question, softly grabbing her arms causing her to flinch. I inspect her arm, little circle scars ran up her arm almost like they were their to start with, but i know they wasn't, i know that these were put their on purpose. "There nothing okay!" Nat defends, unable to meet my eye as i look up at her.

"Who did this?" 

I watch as her lip quivers, unable to reply to my question. "Oh Nat" I say, bringing my arms around the girl. My heart hurt for the girl, the world didn't deserve her and she didn't deserve the pain she had gone through. I stroke her hair, the blonde breaking down in my arms as hot tears roll down her pale cheeks. 

"I love you" 

AND END. I AM SO SO SORRY FOR DISAPPEARING FOR ALMOST A YEAR :(( BUT HERE HAVE THIS CHAPTER TO FUEL YOUR GUYS IMAGINATION. THIS BOOK OF WONDERFUL ONE SHOTS STILL HAVE VIEWS TO THIS DAY AND I STILL READ EVERY INTERATION THIS BOOK GETS. I LOVE YOU GUYS AND I HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN HAVING A NICE YEAR!! FEEL FREE TO VOTE FOR THIS AND EXPRESS ANY FEELINGS YOU HAVE ABOUT THIS!!

-A