Tired eyes // Van Palmer

"Van?" I mumbled as I saw Van sit up from across the cabin floor. Her face tired but so awake at the same time. She Looked at me , her tired eyes meeting my wide awake ones. Everyone knew I cant sleep at night from the times they all have woke up and seen me sat At the battered wood table, my eyes glued to my thick notebook as I wrote down and edited the shaky table i drew to tell everyone what chores they were on.

"Why are you still awake?" I Whispered, Looking down at my slightly damaged watch. "Its 3am". I watch as she stands up, her legs shaking tiredly as she stretched. "Can't sleep" She mumbled, stepping over a sleeping Natalie as she walked over to where I was sat.

"What do u want me to do about that?" I Quietly say, trying not to be too loud. "Can I just sit with you for a bit?" She murmured tiredly, wiping her eyes as she sat down on the uncomfortable chair.

I look at her for a second, inspecting her scars, her ginger hair, her tired stance. "Yeah sure" I whispered softly, half smiling at the tired girl. It wasn't the first time someone from the sleeping pile on the floor came and sat with me, it was usually Jackie, who was still suffering from nightmares from the crash. But this was a first from Van, She's normally dead asleep at this time.

"I'm just gonna..." Van mumbled, the last bit of her sentence to quiet to understand. After a few minutes, Van speaks up, her ginger hair covering her face. "Why are u awake?" She Mumbles, Still as quiet as she was just a few minutes before. I look up at her, now realising she was looking at me.

I smile softly at her, knowing full well why. "I don't want to sleep" I say, Watching her eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Why?" She asks in confusion, Her face becoming more confused as i take a minute to respond. "I have insomia and some times I cant so I choose not to"

"Is that why Jackie's normally humming a tune next to you during the day?" She asks, wanting to know more about my situation. "Yeah".

It goes quiet again until I hear light but noticeable snoring that wasn't in the room before. Van had fallen asleep. I slowly stand up, trying not to make any noise to wake up any of the sleeping girls in the room.

I Carefully bend down, picking up Van's suprisingly light sleeping body. "C'mon Van" I whisper to myself, Quietly walking to where her bed was laid out. I could feel her soft breaths against my neck as i carefully lay her down, trying not to wake her up. I finally get her down. I carefully put the blanket over her as I go to stand up. I feel a hand grab my sleeve as I start to stand up.

"Stay." I hear Van whisper, Her voice tired. I sigh as I Lie down on the wooden floor next to her. i feel her role over , her hands wrapping around my stomach as she pulled me close, her face now buried into my neck. "Just for you" I whisper, not knowing if she heard me or not.

Van's Quiet humming filled the room as I slowly fell asleep.

ANDDDD THE END!! I HOPE YOU ENJOYED! TELL ME ANY REQUESTS YOU HAVE!