S4.EP21 The Agreement Dissection

The bathroom

Sheldon: Leonard, are you in the shower?

Leonard: I can't hear you, I'm in the shower.

Sheldon: I asked if you were in the shower, but that's moot now.

Leonard: What?

Sheldon: Moot. Rendered unimportant by recent events.

Leonard: I can't hear you, I'm in the shower.

Sheldon: I have to skip the chitchat. Emergency.

Leonard: What kind of emergency?

Sheldon: Mathematical. 32-ounce banana smoothie, 16-ounce bladder.

Leonard: You might not want to do that.

Sheldon: I assure you I do.

Leonard: Sheldon, I'm not alone in here.

Sheldon: What?

Priya: Hello, Sheldon.

Sheldon: What are you doing in there? She can't be in here.

Leonard: We were in here first, you can't be in here.

Sheldon: According to the roommate agreement, paragraph nine, subsection B, the right to bathroom privacy is suspended in the event of force majeure. And believe me, I am experiencing a very majeure force.

Sheldon: Come on, you can't wait two minutes?

Priya: Oh, Leonard, let the man pee.

Outside Penny's door.

Sheldon: (Knock, knock, knock) Penny? (Knock, knock, knock) Penny? (Knock, knock, knock) Penny?

Penny: What?

Sheldon: Move. Move. Move!

The apartment.

Sheldon: Dr. Leonard Hofstadter, you are officially charged with two violations of the roommate agreement. Do you waive reading of the charges?

Leonard: Yeah, fine.

Priya: Hang on. No, my client does not waive reading of the charges.

Leonard: Oh. Cool. I've got a lawyer. And I've seen her naked.

Priya: Proceed.

Sheldon: Very well. Count the first, on or about the 28th day of April, the accused did knowingly and with malice aforethought deny access to the shared bathroom in a time of emergency, to wit, my back teeth were floating. Count the second, the accused exceeded the agreed upon occupancy of the shower, to wit, one, unless we are under attack by water-soluble aliens.

Priya: Can I see the roommate agreement?

Sheldon: Um, it's fairly technical.

Priya: I think I can handle it.

Leonard: Top of her class, Cambridge University. Licensed to practice law in three countries. And your face.

Priya: All right, based on a cursory reading, it doesn't look like you have much of a case, Sheldon.

Sheldon: Do so, do so.

Priya: Oh, I'm afraid not. Section seven here, on the right to enter the bathroom in emergency situations, is not specific as to what constitutes an emergency.

Sheldon: Oh, that's ridiculous. A bathroom emergency is self-explanatory.

Priya: Is it? If Leonard forgot to trim his nose hair, could he barge in while you were showering?