29

THE COURTIER
Josephine

Ugene is right in my ear, letting loose as I come undone underneath him. His hand grips the tree limb above me when drowning our kiss.

We were supposed to be studying, but somehow his head had gotten underneath my dress and then I was pushed against the tree and we were at each other's mercy.

Ugene helps me slide my panties back on, fixing my dress. I help him tie his shirt, kissing his cheek in doing so.

I smiled at him. "How was that for a study session?"

"We should have those more often," he murmurs, pecking my lips.

We walk back to the palace hand in hand as I speak to him about my new romance book I am currently reading and all he does is watch and nod along to my words. Though I knew he wasn't paying attention to my words, he just loved to hear me talk.

I glare at him as our feet enter the palace territory. "Are you even listening?"

He chuckles, twirling me around and I squeal, hitting his chest with my body and he kisses my lips. "No, but I just love hearing your voice so do keep on."

I gasp, hitting his chest playfully. "You dirty dog. I happen to love my books."

"I happen to love you," he replies swiftly.

"Will you be drawing that image of me with what we did today?" I hum, feeling his hand against mine, his fingers twirling against mine as I keep moving around. He doesn't wish to let go of me.

"And many others from now on," he answers, leaning in closely, biting his lower lip as he whispers. "I'll show them to you of course. After, I'll ravish you."

I push at his chest, and he chuckles under his breath and he looks up in front of him- pausing in his step at what he finds. My smile keeps steady and I look to the view he staring at. My whole body haunts me to my core, my smile falls and my world crashes between my emotions that are slipping at bay.

Beth stands there with tears shedding her eyes, witnessing the two of being in love and dazed in our own world unashamed.

"Beth," I whisper under my breath, Ugene looks at me in confusion but I ignore his stare.

Beth shakes her head in anger now, twirling around to run up back to the palace.

"Beth!" I yell, pleading with her but she is faster than me.

"Josephine," Ugene calls for me, pulling me back and my hand hits his chest.

"I must attain my sister, please, Ugene." My eyes hold tears, and he nods but his face holds a bunch of questions that I will soon have to answer.

Holding my dress above the ground, I run after my sister whom is breathing out with her hands over her knees, leaning over.

"Beth," I cry out.

She turns, tears streaming down her face and I am the one at fault for it. "How could you?!"

"Let me explain," I begin but she shakes her head.

Holding her hand up, she says. "Lies. It will be all lies amongst myself. You take everything that I wish for, I knew I should have never let you know about this or even asked for your help."

"Beth, listen please!" I plead with a cry.

"I cannot even look at you right now, why am I even in your presence? Oh! If you thought you've lost me before, you surely have lost me! We are no longer sisters," she spits angrily and she has every right to be.