Sixteen

Sebastian

I'm being sent out of town to assassinate a golfer who lives in LA. I'm supposed to sneak onto his yacht as someone's plus one. I've been online flirting with my target's publicist so I'm posing as her date. I'm happy to finally get out of Summerton. It's been too long since I've left. I mean it's a nice place but living in suburbia can drive a person insane. Having to partake in that social life is so exhausting. It's all lies, backhanded compliments, bored rich people with too much time on their hands, and even more lies. As a rich kid who grew up in the spy equivalent of that, I've been suffocating in it my whole life. It's nice when I get out of town missions or get stationed in places where i can escape it all.

Though I'll miss sleeping with Fiona, I'll enjoy sleeping with my date. Her name is Maron. We'll meet tonight for drinks and tomorrow for Harry Dawson's yacht party. I studied the research file the tech agent sent me this morning. I know it's her the second she walks through the door. They said she was tall but I didn't know she's be wearing heels. She's even taller now. The file said she was 6'2 but with the shoes she's my height.

"Hey you're Calvin right?"

"Yep. You're Maron?"

"Yeah. Sorry I came late."

"A half hour late...I'm kidding, I can't give you a hard time. I only got here ten minutes ago."

I actually got here twenty minutes ago. It's not that impressive because I was supposed to arrive 45 minutes early

"So you're as lousy as me." She grins.

"Guilty as charged." I shrug, grinning back at her.

We order drinks and she takes a seat by me.

"So what do you talk about on stuff like this?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean what do you say on an 'I'm just doing this to make sure my last minute plus one doesn't kill me when I bring him on a yacht' date?" She ponders. We laugh as the bartender brings us our drinks.

"Maybe Hello?"

"Hi."

"So how was work?" I ask.

"Hectic. Apparently Harry got his Twitter account password back and was saying stupid shit online. He went on a rant about wokeness so I had to change the password again. That man is a handful." She responds as she rubs her temples.

"To babysitting." I joke while we toast.

I'll order virgin drinks for the rest of the night....Well starting after the shot I plan to get next

"How is your job? You're a chiropractor right?"

"Yeah. Works been fine actually. Pretty boring because I see the same couple of patients and we do the same things each time."

"God what I wouldn't give for a boring job. You never know what it'll be like with Harry. Either he's just playing golf well or he's being a crazy conservative. I think he's starting to realize I'm Italian too because he's started saying weird shit about White America. Like dude, we're both white how bigoted are you? But anyway tell me more about breaking backs. I mean cracking backs."